Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks like it would be a competitor to Mage Wars. While I really like the game, one of the things I dislike about Mage Wars is having to create a specific deck/spell book to play with. I'd much rather draw cards at random, and this game appears to be right down my alley. I think this is a bit overpriced on the Kick Starter at $60, so hopefully the art and components are amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, some of the complaints seem to be centered around just how much it is to get in on this game...let alone the promotional cards and extras from add-ons and/or stretch goals.

I must say, I agree with those sentiments. But, I have a problem called completionism and so, will more than likely, keep my current $175 pledge. Especially if it looks like those goals will be hit. If not, I will back out and move down to the $60.

They need to make those upper tier pledges much more enticing, imo.

Lastly, there's no way this replaces Mage Wars. Perhaps related in that they have cards and are fantasy themed, the games couldn't be different.

MW is a complete tactical and strategic experience. The more you put into that game, the more you get out of it.
Just my 2 cents; keep the change...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that there is no way to replace Mage Wars with this game.

I would also think that for $60 for Allegiance you'd get all six characters rather than just four and then two of them being a "perk" ($15 each? that's crazy!).

EDIT: You get more than four characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game is very interesting.
I have Mage Wars and I like it very much but I think this is a very different game.
The price is very similar to the price of Mage Wars. The components are not the same, of course, so I would like to see what's on the Allegiance box to say that the game is expensive.
The add-ons are probably a bit too expensive, although most of them are already included on some pledge levels. I hope they change them, though.
The most important things right now, is knowing more about the rules.
If the game is good, the game can reach its goal even if most people only pledge to get the game.
When it's released, we can always add more cards to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got in on a $95 Early Bird and I'll keep it there for now. But I really need to see some value for that or I'll drop my pledge to $60. Right now, what they are saying comes with the game is not worth $95. Other games that clock in at around that price range come with far more product.

As far as Mage Wars goes, I think they are very different games (as others have pointed out). There is no tactical board to move around on and there doesn't seem to be any customization of any kind, so they are just completely different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the interest and we really appreciate the comments and feedback. We have heard everyone loud and clear and we are working dilligently towards numerous updates that hopefully will be arriving fast and furiously over the next 5-7 days.

We really believe in Allegiance and your support so far has been astounding, but we know we need to do more, and that we can do more.

I also wanted to correct that Allegiance comes with 8 base heroes and the Ninja and Monk heroes are what can be added that would bring the game up to 10 Heroes. Thats many many different matchups between each of the heroes that all play out very differently, let alone when we start discussing multiplayer.

Thanks again for the comments and feedback and we will have a flurry of updates very shortly that I hope will go a long way in to helping people see just how amazing Allegiance is going to be!

Cheers,
Adrian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cool but a tad to pricey for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
St Andrews
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Art looks beautiful, but no reviews and insane shipping costs outside of NA make me say no. If I buy it at retail after the Kickstarter, I'll have more knowledge of the product, and can't imagine it would be any more expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilian Buijs
Netherlands
Breda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordlucless wrote:
Art looks beautiful, but no reviews and insane shipping costs outside of NA make me say no. If I buy it at retail after the Kickstarter, I'll have more knowledge of the product, and can't imagine it would be any more expensive.

My thoughts exactly. Prices are pretty high, even without shipping and up till now there is so little information compared to some other KS projects. I think this game will be awesome. But I can't afford $100 to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope this isn't the case, but I have a feeling the price is going to be too off-putting based on the amount of physical content you get.

Perhaps if they were to show all the physical components in a single picture rather than showing just the outside of the box, including the dice that come with the regular version, then they could more easily gain supporters. "Look at all this stuff you get!" instead of "here's a list of what's included."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This sure looks alluring. Gorgeous art!
Still on the fence, though. Waiting for the rules, mostly, and a review by some well known reviewer would be nice as well.
But, yeah, if I saw this in a local shop I would definitely want to take a closer look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles S
msg tools
I appreciate that the creators are responding to the feedback. The game rules are out now and it looks like the game provides a fun experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hey Guys,

Thanks for continuing to keep tabs on us and Allegiance. We are working away at making our kickstarter as good as it can be!

Just a heads up that we have posted a beta rulebook on the Kickstarter page, launched our website, put up some "whats in the box" pictures using our demo version (I really like the two games of Allegiance side by side using the contents from a single gamebox picture) and we are doing all we can to have a introduction to gameplay demo video up for tomorrow!

Cheers,

Adrian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
you guys are being very responsive which is classy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you succeed in lowering the threshhold for EU backers, this game is bound for my table! Stunning artwork and a very practical play time. Love the cooldowns as well. Really, really hope this KS hits bull's eye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unplugged wrote:
If you succeed in lowering the threshhold for EU backers, this game is bound for my table! Stunning artwork and a very practical play time. Love the cooldowns as well. Really, really hope this KS hits bull's eye.

They said they are working on options to make it more affordable for overseas backers. If they get that done then I agree with you that they will immediately get a lot more backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dexter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
This could be a nice note then. They just announced that they were able to reduce the price for oversea shipping substantially. Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ug-games/allegiance-a-re...

I hope that this draws lots of support for the game because i would like to see some stretch goals reached!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Komarck = thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope I'm wrong, but I fear this KS will not reach its funding goal.
If I'm right, I sure hope you will consider a re-launch, with some changed parameters. This game deserves to be published.

- find a way to lower the funding goal; right now, this is scaring away a lot of potential backers. Hopefully you can get at something like 50k. In that case a starting run of 20k looks way better.
- find a way to lower the base price to something like 50 dollars and the extra's to 25 dollars max. Or save yourself the logistical horror and use the current $100 set as your base, for max 70-75 dollars, preferably lower ($60 sounds like a hit)
- don't use promo's as main images; seeing them, wanting them and then noticing they will cost you, is off putting. Your art is a strong point, don't stab yourself with it.
- re-launch with BGG, rules, vids and reviews in place.

But most of all: don't quit. Ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen a lot of posts about the price point and not getting enough components. Personally I feel that good art can make or break a game and paying for good artists is costly. So this wont come with as much as Mage Wars, or other games at this price point. But I cant think of any other game that I have been as impressed with the art with in a long long time. Don't get me wrong Im not saying mage wars has terrible art, it is quite good. But I feel this games art is good enough that I can see myself getting as much enjoyment as playing it, from just looking at the art...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game has been cancelled for now.

Other than gameplay, the art was a major reason for me backing this, so I hope they plan to retain the same artistic level when they relaunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.