Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Arkham Nights 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt Winfrey
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there's a better place to post this, but the AH forum is where I spend all my time, so feel free to move this post if you like. Anyway...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4371

Anyone going? It's a bit out of the way for me, but I'm strongly considering making the trip just because I've never been.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean P
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could be there. It's one of the promises I keep making to myself along with GenCon and Comicon in San Diego.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could, but I can't.

So, only more promos to lose.

Regards,
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I went the first two years, but missed last year.

This year, it's about a month later, which makes a big difference if you're driving up to Minnesota, because by mid-November, there's usually a couple feet of snow on the ground there. So as much as I'd like to, I won't make it up there this year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Winfrey
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sluggonics wrote:
I went the first two years, but missed last year.

This year, it's about a month later, which makes a big difference if you're driving up to Minnesota, because by mid-November, there's usually a couple feet of snow on the ground there. So as much as I'd like to, I won't make it up there this year.

Ugh, I didn't even think about snow. I'd probably be flying rather than driving, but still, that could put a hitch in things.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The people in that photo appear to have discovered a way to play MoM with no tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DJGryph wrote:
The people in that photo appear to have discovered a way to play MoM with no tokens.

As one of the people in that photo (the guy on the right with his head half hidden), I assure you there were tokens. That was from the first Arkham Nights. Super fun. I'll be back this year.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good time...once, unless you're within a 100 mi radius of Roseville. Coming out of D.C., it was an expense that I can't absorb as readily every year. Certainly meeting Richard and Kevin was quite a treat and having the chance to play a game of Elder Sign with Richard proved both entertaining and educational. I enjoyed meeting the staff members and they threw a great event...overall, during the three day event (of which we were there Friday night and all day Saturday), there were upwards of 60-80 people enjoying themselves in wonderful Arkhamness.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Winfrey
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
DJGryph wrote:
The people in that photo appear to have discovered a way to play MoM with no tokens.

As one of the people in that photo (the guy on the right with his head half hidden), I assure you there were tokens. That was from the first Arkham Nights. Super fun. I'll be back this year.

They were invisible tokens. An Arkham Nights exclusive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wwinfrey wrote:
Smoo wrote:
DJGryph wrote:
The people in that photo appear to have discovered a way to play MoM with no tokens.

As one of the people in that photo (the guy on the right with his head half hidden), I assure you there were tokens. That was from the first Arkham Nights. Super fun. I'll be back this year.

They were invisible tokens. An Arkham Nights exclusive.


Or were they? Will-1[2] check to see if you lose 3 sanity.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Winfrey
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
wwinfrey wrote:
Smoo wrote:
DJGryph wrote:
The people in that photo appear to have discovered a way to play MoM with no tokens.

As one of the people in that photo (the guy on the right with his head half hidden), I assure you there were tokens. That was from the first Arkham Nights. Super fun. I'll be back this year.

They were invisible tokens. An Arkham Nights exclusive.


Or were they? Will-1[2] check to see if you lose 3 sanity.

That's an auto-fail. Knew I should have adjusted at Upkeep...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
It's a good time...once, unless you're within a 100 mi radius of Roseville. Coming out of D.C., it was an expense that I can't absorb as readily every year. Certainly meeting Richard and Kevin was quite a treat and having the chance to play a game of Elder Sign with Richard proved both entertaining and educational. I enjoyed meeting the staff members and they threw a great event...overall, during the three day event (of which we were there Friday night and all day Saturday), there were upwards of 60-80 people enjoying themselves in wonderful Arkhamness.

I want to echo the sentiment that if you haven't played a game with Richard Launius, you really owe it to yourself to do so. His pimped out Elder Sign and Mansions sets are really fun, and he also played a game of Lurker with us where he didn't actually play a character but just narrated and read all of the encounter cards, as well as trying to cajole us into taking pacts. It was pretty entertaining.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to make that trip. And I'd love to get snowed in. Being down here in FL, I haven't seen snow since '06 when we spent some time around the holidays with my brother's family in D.C. Minnesota is such a great place to visit. My dad and I used to go every other summer to portage up in the BWCA. Besides, who wouldn't want to get their fill of Arkham?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corinthian
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be going to this because: some fool put an ocean in the way.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clammy721 wrote:
I would love to make that trip. And I'd love to get snowed in. Being down here in FL, I haven't seen snow since '06 when we spent some time around the holidays with my brother's family in D.C. Minnesota is such a great place to visit. My dad and I used to go every other summer to portage up in the BWCA. Besides, who wouldn't want to get their fill of Arkham?

I'll be traveling south to get there. Looking forward to the balmy Minnesota weather. Might work on my tan.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
Clammy721 wrote:
I would love to make that trip. And I'd love to get snowed in. Being down here in FL, I haven't seen snow since '06 when we spent some time around the holidays with my brother's family in D.C. Minnesota is such a great place to visit. My dad and I used to go every other summer to portage up in the BWCA. Besides, who wouldn't want to get their fill of Arkham?

I'll be traveling south to get there. Looking forward to the balmy Minnesota weather. Might work on my tan.


Nice! Maybe stop along the way for a nice, cool, refreshing dip in Lake Superior.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I went last year. I'm in Illinois so it's about a 7 hour drive, but after my experience I promised myself I would never miss it for as long as they have it. I felt a little jaded that it took so long for the announcement, and the lack of ancient one for arkham horror has me a little sad (though my hopes are still there, i mean the post said includes these things, not that those were the only things) but as long as we have a decent turnout it's totally worth it. I'm most excited for the ability to play eldrich horror, as well as a potential new mansions scenario.

It's not even that much of a trip. Since the hotels give a discount for the event, me and a friend got two nights (friday and saturday, go home sunday) for $65 a night, and then the $25 entrance fee, it's actually one of my cheaper vacations.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Went last year and had a great time so I plan to go again this year. I was starting to get worried that it might not happen, but it turned out it was just happening later than usual (perhaps to be ready to demo Eldritch Horror).

Note that they are also going to host one in Toronto (Canada) this year. Of course, the FFG site is still closer for you, Christopher.

Link for Arkham Nights - Canada:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4386
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Winfrey
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doma0997 wrote:
It's not even that much of a trip. Since the hotels give a discount for the event, me and a friend got two nights (friday and saturday, go home sunday) for $65 a night, and then the $25 entrance fee, it's actually one of my cheaper vacations.

Which hotels are giving a discount? I had checked the FFG site, but probably wasn't looking in the right place and didn't find anything.

Also, probably a silly question, but would I need to bother bringing my own copy of AH? Just thinking my storage solution might not survive the baggage claim process...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wwinfrey wrote:
Which hotels are giving a discount? I had checked the FFG site, but probably wasn't looking in the right place and didn't find anything.

Also, probably a silly question, but would I need to bother bringing my own copy of AH? Just thinking my storage solution might not survive the baggage claim process...

If history is any indication, you should be able to get deals at both the Days Inn and Radisson in Roseville. You usually just need to tell the reservation clerk that you're there for Arkham Nights.

And no, you don't need your set. All game components are provided. Richard Launius still brings his own sets, but that's because he's pimped them out. His Elder Sign set is very cool.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only thing you'd want to bring is anything that is not standard such as your pimped out gates or painted minis.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Winfrey
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
The only thing you'd want to bring is anything that is not standard such as your pimped out gates or painted minis.
Yep, wouldn't leave home without those!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to the one in Toronto this year. This will be my first and the closest experience I've ever had to a gaming convention. Looking forward to the experience!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Smyk
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm one of the organizers for the Canadian Arkham Nights weekend. I just wanted to pop in to let you know that if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them for you.

In the meantime, we've got a page set up for the event with registration forms and signup sheets:

http://lionrampantimports.com/product.htm?Product=PROFFGARKH...

Derek
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
theodric wrote:
Hello all,

I'm one of the organizers for the Canadian Arkham Nights weekend. I just wanted to pop in to let you know that if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them for you.

In the meantime, we've got a page set up for the event with registration forms and signup sheets:

http://lionrampantimports.com/product.htm?Product=PROFFGARKH...

Derek


Hope you have a great turnout!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.