Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pihl
United States
St Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seemed like some disciples fit thematically like Judas and the fact that an important disciple like Peter is worth +1 renown. Does the disciple that flips Herod have a historical link to Herod? I'd appreciate any expert to help explain if there are more connections. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The disciples closest to Jesus were James, John, Peter, and Andrew. I felt that all needed to have something more to them. For Peter, I felt adding the extra two points of renown was warranted based on his position among the disciples. The other extra renown points I gave to John and Matthew, for their names being attached to gospels. I had considered other abilities for John. Note that his number is the lowest, because he would always be near to Jesus.

James was the first to be martyred, beheaded by Herod. He was also originally a follower of John the Baptist, who was also beheaded by Herod, albeit the uncle of the one who beheaded James. In any case, that was his link to Herod. He earned the nickname "sons of thunder," which also played into his ability in the game.

Andrew was the first disciple of Jesus and was a fisherman at the Sea of Galilee. He was familiar with the area along the River Jordan, and it seemed appropriate to give him the ability to move through the desert to Galilee.

Simon was known as the zealot. The zealot party resisted Roman rule, so having Simon be a distraction for Pilate seemed appropriate in the game.

And Judas plays a pivotal role in the betrayal of Jesus and his arrest and capture, all of which are elements in the game.

Those are my quick answers anyway. I hope that helps and let me know if you have further questions. I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

- Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.