Hide
9 Posts

Escape: The Curse of the Temple» Forums » General

Subject: What's an ideal tile setup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerardo Paz
msg tools
Currently my biggest worry when playing the game is that if we do not use enough 3 gem alters then by the end we would have 5+ gems left over making it impossible to escape. This goes double when you try to make a game using only curse and treasure tiles (the game's rulebook tells us to replace the 13 standard titles for these). Seeing how cure/treasure tiles only have single gem alters are the multiple gem alters would be a requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
follow the rulebook and you'll be fine. plenty of gems to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
you should always include those gem chamber tiles. If you use expansions, they normally replace existing basic tiles (in this case, you do so for the curse/treasure tiles) -- It will work out the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When adding in any expansions, as Dustin mentioned, the rule book says the remove the basic tiles. Those are the tiles with nothing on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game's rulebook is really bad at explaining what tiles to leave behind. It says to always include the 6 basic tiles without saying what those tiles are - it's actually the start, exit and four triple gem tiles. And if you follow the rules as written (although new online rules for use with expansions change them), you'll always have a temple with 18 gem slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidian3d wrote:
When adding in any expansions, as Dustin mentioned, the rule book says the remove the basic tiles. Those are the tiles with nothing on them.

The single-gem tiles are also considered to be "basic tiles".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
The game's rulebook is really bad at explaining what tiles to leave behind. It says to always include the 6 basic tiles without saying what those tiles are - it's actually the start, exit and four triple gem tiles. And if you follow the rules as written (although new online rules for use with expansions change them), you'll always have a temple with 18 gem slots.

I agree that it's not explained well in the supplement, but the main rulebook clearly distinguishes the 3-gem chambers apart from the "basic chamber tiles" in the components list on the front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:

I agree with Shawn above. The starting tiles (entrance, exit, etc.) are classified as "main chamber tiles".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:

I agree that it's not explained well in the supplement, but the main rulebook clearly distinguishes the 3-gem chambers apart from the "basic chamber tiles" in the components list on the front page.

Shawn is right, here. The 13 "basic tiles" should be exchanged by their 13 corresponding "curse&treasure tiles".

Experienced gamers should of course not have any problems with simply always using the curse&treasure tiles, and just disregarding the curse/treasure symbols when playing a basic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.