L M
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Trust the Computer
badge
Roll low
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with the MI-13 the first time yesterday and a couple of questions came up regarding the Zombie Bait rules.

1) Can you target off-board zombies? We said yes.

2) Can you use less that the full AP of the activated zombies even if they don't reach the bait counter? We played that you had to use full AP.

3) Can you make the zombies walk through On Fire counters? It would seem thematic.

4) How do you determine the route to the bait? Mainly, do you disregard any intervening models between the zombie and the bait or should you take an alternative route if a corridor is blocked by other models?

BV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john roberts
United States
georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
1) yes

2) Rules read:
the Allied player activates and moves d6 enemy zombie
models which are more than 3 squares away from an Allied model
up to their base AP in the direction of the bait

notice the phrase "up to". means it doesn't have to be full ap

3) yes. and if you don't take every advantage of it you're not using zombie bait right

4) Rules use phrase "in the direction". Ideally that "direction" is the shortest feasible distance to the zombie bait. Zombies can't go through walls and other units so an alt route is perfectly acceptable as long as it's the shortest feasible route
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L M
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Trust the Computer
badge
Roll low
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks!

2) Yep, we saw the "up to", but thought it might also refer to the fact that the bait could be less than full AP away.

4) There must be a choice here, right? So that two zombies in a corridor can advance to the same direction even if the first one would block the second zombie's route?

BV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john roberts
United States
georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
biturian_varosh wrote:

4) There must be a choice here, right? So that two zombies in a corridor can advance to the same direction even if the first one would block the second zombie's route?

In that case:
move first zombie shortest route. Activate second zombie- is that path still shortest route?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L M
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Trust the Computer
badge
Roll low
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I don't follow. Assuming a one square wide corridor with two zombies and the bait at one end.

If the first zombie is assumed to block the way to the bait, following the first zombie wouldn't be a legal direction for the second zombie at all? How can it be the shortest route in any case?

It would seem natural to just walk both zombies towards the bait, but what I understood from your first reply, the second zombie would have to turn around and go look for another route.

BV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john roberts
United States
georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
biturian_varosh wrote:

It would seem natural to just walk both zombies towards the bait, but what I understood from your first reply, the second zombie would have to turn around and go look for another route.

2nd zombie would only have to if the route was no longer the shortest for him. Typically, the zombie conga is the most direct line but there could be a situation where a different route might be shorter as a corridor clogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L M
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Trust the Computer
badge
Roll low
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so you do trace the shortest route through other models. Otherwise following behind in a line wouldn't be a legal direction to take. Its hard to see where advancing the first zombie would make the distance to the bait longer for the second zombie, but I guess that was not the point of my question.

With some clever turn bidding and planning of moves the bait can be quite powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.