Popular Tags: [View All]
dave 'snothere
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello there!
Relatively new A:NR obsesser robot here, been lurking the forums for a bit, trying to get my wife and couple of gamer friends to play this as much as possible. They are very obliging, but we are not into hardcore deckbuilding yet. (Just a little dabbling, taking 10 minutes before a game to slap something together.) I think it'd be fun to learn from some interesting decks that other players have put together for whatever interesting reasons.

I currently have 1 core set and 2 of the data packs (What Lies Ahead, and Cyber Exodus which arrives tomorrow ). I've been checking out CardGameDB, Meteor, etc., and wondering if any of the deck sites out there have a way to filter the submitted decks by the included expansions -- you know, so I don't have to sift through the ones that include C&C, Future Proof, etc. etc.. I haven't found a way yet, other than, well, manually looking through them.. shake I imagine that one day this'll be a necessity, as more and more cycles come out.

Any suggestions out there? I would love to print out a dozen or so of good decks that I could just keep in my card box!

Thanks all..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of a way to filter by expansion on any of the sites I frequent.

However, if you are getting the expansions in order, you could utilize the date to find appropriate decks. You could page back in the BGG forums and look for decks around the time at which only those expansions were out.

As for Meteor and Cardgamedb, I don't believe you can filter by date with Meteor, but does CardGameDB have the post date on decks? I haven't used it in a while but I remember it having something along those lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher MacLeod
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a good idea. I'll look at adding filter by expansion to Meteor Decks, I might have some time this weekend to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slightly Alive
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CardGameDB will let you filter by data packs. Under 'Sets' in the deckbuilder, choose Core, WLA, and CE. It'll only display cards from those sets for you to use for deckbuilding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kiv6 wrote:
That's a good idea. I'll look at adding filter by expansion to Meteor Decks, I might have some time this weekend to spare.

When you add this, I would build in functionality to filter the deck by the number of cards in particular packs instead of just a binary check against a deck either having or not having a card from a particular pack. If there's only 1-3 copies of cards in a deck from a particular pack, those 1-3 copies are probably all just a single card, and most decks in this category could be easily rebuilt by replacing just one card. If you can easily plan for this ahead of time and implement it that way, I think the feature would be WAY more powerful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave 'snothere
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
malhaku wrote:
However, if you are getting the expansions in order, you could utilize the date to find appropriate decks. You could page back in the BGG forums and look for decks around the time at which only those expansions were out.

That's a great idea, and one good reason to get the packs in order.

Kiv6 wrote:
... I'll look at adding filter by expansion to Meteor Decks...

Sweet!! Thanks in advance! (and great site btw!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Little Chiba lets you select which sets to show cards from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Little Chiba lets you select which sets to show cards from.

I don't think that's what he's looking for. Meteor already provides this functionality.

I think what he's looking for is a way to search the existing deck lists but exclude deck lists that contain cards from particular data packs / deluxe expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, my bad. I misunderstood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher MacLeod
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The basic version of set filtering is live now!

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decksearch/

To be clear this is the ability to search for other people's decks that do not include specific sets. This lets you look for decks that use only cards that you have.

lluluien wrote:

When you add this, I would build in functionality to filter the deck by the number of cards in particular packs instead of just a binary check against a deck either having or not having a card from a particular pack. If there's only 1-3 copies of cards in a deck from a particular pack, those 1-3 copies are probably all just a single card, and most decks in this category could be easily rebuilt by replacing just one card. If you can easily plan for this ahead of time and implement it that way, I think the feature would be WAY more powerful!

I have the # of cards for each set stored in the DB, so this is possible to add in the future. I'm not sure yet what the interface for it would look like though. Maybe it's enough to have a checkbox saying "allow a small number of cards from excluded sets", kind of like a fuzzy match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
You best bet is to comb the archives of stimhack.com for tournament winners from various times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave 'snothere
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kiv6 wrote:
The basic version of set filtering is live now!

Sweet! Thanks, man. I will use this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kiv6 wrote:
I have the # of cards for each set stored in the DB, so this is possible to add in the future. I'm not sure yet what the interface for it would look like though. Maybe it's enough to have a checkbox saying "allow a small number of cards from excluded sets", kind of like a fuzzy match.

I think that's a great idea for how to handle it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.