Subject: Ordering my next game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Im ordering my next game and I have narrowed it down to Descent 2nd edition or Ghost Stories.. I would be playing with my 14 year old.. Recently we got Pathfinder and Love it.. I was leaning towards Ghost stories, because its something different, but now Im not so sure.. Any thoughts would be great, Im ordering tomorrow thru Amazon so I will have it for the weekend. Thanks Again..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anker The m80 Hobbit
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i would go for ghost stories because of the different theme...

Actually it will most certainly depend on the theme you want.

But on my narrowed-down list for my next buy is the following games:

Ghost Stories

Legends Of Andor

Conquest Of Planet Earth

Happy buying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a good, story-driven adventure-style game, then Descent is what you're looking for. Don't expect a competitive experience, though, as it's quite unbalanced in a number of places.

Do you enjoy cooperative puzzle-type games? If so, then you'll probably enjoy Ghost Stories. If, however, you don't enjoy or play a lot of cooperative games, then you might want to look elsewhere. Ghost Stories has a reputation as a particularly brutal co-op, and it's got more in common with Pandemic than Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.