Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to make sure of something:

During the first turn of the game, the event marker moves from "Spawn" to "The Fire Spread", so on the very first turn of the game a fire starts in the house, right?

Should the fire be put out in the room with the marker, does the marker go away? I imagine if there are any still burning rooms, they continue to burn. At the end of a turn, when checks are made for the fire spreading, does it go anywhere? Is it considered "contained" until "The Fire Spreads" come back around on the event marker and the fire token reappears?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first turn it actually moves from the bottom to the spawn, so there will be a double zombie spawn the first round, not a fire. I don't think putting out the fire removes the burn tokens, but there are items that can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are confusing two things: the fire trigger and the fire spreading.
The fire only starts when it is actually triggered by a spot on the darkness track (that is triggered at a later point in the game).
The spreading will do nothing if no fire is currenrly active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:
The fire only starts when it is actually triggered by a spot on the darkness track (that is triggered at a later point in the game).

Can't a fire also trigger sometimes from threat die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berard
United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
The first turn it actually moves from the bottom to the spawn, so there will be a double zombie spawn the first round, not a fire.

Ah, I'd read the original rules a while ago and only gave a cursory look over the newer version. Small detail I forgot.

ausloosd wrote:
The spreading will do nothing if no fire is currently active.

Again, looks like I missed this (now that it was pointed out, I feel silly for having been so obtuse...then again, I was reading it at work, which may have something to do with my inattention...)

Thanks all for the replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
ausloosd wrote:

Can't a fire also trigger sometimes from threat die.

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Fire marker be removed if you removed all burn markers from the rest house but still have a destroyed room? I may be confused by the graphics on a "Destroyed" room showing a blaze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.