Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to have some clarification. I play a game with friend this evening. He had first put out a Femme Fatale in his rig. Later, he played Scavenge to trash the Femme Fatale and then bring in the same Femme Fatale into play from the heap to switch to another ice for bypassing. Is this legal? Can you immediately put into the play the same card you have trashed when using Scavenge?

If this is legal, then Scavenge will be very useful with Atman, trash Atman and then put the same Atman into play with a different strength value without paying the installation costs except the costs of increasing the Atman's strength. Is this an acceptable play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Yes - the trash a program for Scavenge occurs first, so that when the second part resolves, the program is already in your trash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes in both situations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
Yes
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is. Trashing a program is an additional cost to play Scavenge, so therefore, the program you trash in is in the Heap before you search for a program to install.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rooster
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love that combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It has been answered here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1014849/lukas-on-test-run-sc...

Cards do not retain "memory" when they leave play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other great combo is to play Test Run to install a Femme Fatale (or some other expensive program), and then, before your turn ends, play Scavenge to scavenge that Femme back in to play so it doesn't go to the top of your stack. congrats! You've just installed Femme Fatale for only 3 credits. Also keep in mind that you can make runs using the Femme between the test run and scavenge, possibly bypassing 2 different pieces of ice in the same turn....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MinisterOfPropaganda wrote:
The other great combo is to play Test Run to install a Femme Fatale (or some other expensive program), and then, before your turn ends, play Scavenge to scavenge that Femme back in to play so it doesn't go to the top of your stack. congrats! You've just installed Femme Fatale for only 3 credits. Also keep in mind that you can make runs using the Femme between the test run and scavenge, possibly bypassing 2 different pieces of ice in the same turn....

That's a good idea using Test Run to tutor Femme and then play Scavenge on it. Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.