Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Atman "strenght equal" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Homchuck
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
If I am correct Atman can only be used on a piece of ice if her strenght is exactly "equal" to the strength of the ice encoutered. Other than using hosted virus counters on Datasucker to lower the ice strength what other programs would be beneficial to use with Atman to make her more useful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teddy Winand
United States
Lincoln Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shaper Event "Scavenge" can be used to trash and then reinstall her at a different strength, but right now Atman/Datasucker seems to be the most popular use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
if you're using atman, the whole plan is to get 3 installed at 0-2-4 plus datasuckers. other than that, scavenge lets you trash and reinstall an atman, so that you can change what strength it's set at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bodasafa wrote:
If I am correct Atman can only be used on a piece of ice if her strenght is exactly "equal" to the strength of the ice encoutered. Other than using hosted virus counters on Datasucker to lower the ice strength what other programs would be beneficial to use with Atman to make her more useful?
Wyrm can also be used, although that gets expensive. (Wyrm is, however, an effective counter to the Corporation's defensive play of icing all three central servers then wiping virus counters.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
(Wyrm is, however, an effective counter to the Corporation's defensive play of icing all three central servers then wiping virus counters.)

I prefer Crypsis, since you can search for it with Djinn, and it's better against Corporate Troubleshooter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clone Chip and Self Modifying Code are also useful for the ability to install Atman mid-run and set the strength to whatever works best with the ice you're encountering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Jennings
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:
(Wyrm is, however, an effective counter to the Corporation's defensive play of icing all three central servers then wiping virus counters.)

I prefer Crypsis, since you can search for it with Djinn, and it's better against Corporate Troubleshooter.

That's because Wyrm isn't really an Icebreaker. It's a giant Datasucker wearing an icebreaker's skin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trithne wrote:
That's because Wyrm isn't really an Icebreaker. It's a giant Datasucker wearing an icebreaker's skin.
You're absolutely right, and I hope nobody misinterpreted my comment as saying that Wyrm should be used as an Icebreaker. It's a nice safety valve in case the Corp wipes your Datasuckers and you couldn't otherwise break into a central server to start them up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
(Wyrm) It's a nice safety valve in case the Corp wipes your Datasuckers and you couldn't otherwise break into a central server to start them up again.

So are...actual Icebreakers. Which are also more useful and less expensive than Wyrm in other ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Wyrm is cool with parasites. If you don't use them cripsis+ff better for katman decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:
(Wyrm) It's a nice safety valve in case the Corp wipes your Datasuckers and you couldn't otherwise break into a central server to start them up again.
So are...actual Icebreakers. Which are also more useful and less expensive than Wyrm in other ways.
While true, I don't believe "use real Icebreakers" to be a useful answer to the OP's question of "Other than using hosted virus counters on Datasucker to lower the ice strength what other programs would be beneficial to use with Atman to make her more useful?" Because once you bring "actual Icebreakers" into the conversation, Atman becomes considerably less useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Teiler
Germany
flag msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:
While true, I don't believe "use real Icebreakers" to be a useful answer to the OP's question of "Other than using hosted virus counters on Datasucker to lower the ice strength what other programs would be beneficial to use with Atman to make her more useful?" Because once you bring "actual Icebreakers" into the conversation, Atman becomes considerably less useful.

Other than Yog, you don't really use them until your Atmans are shut out though. Maybe Faerie for early aggression if you can find room for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.