Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the first in a series of Sneak Previews for the expansion to the 2011 game: Last Will. The expansion is due to be released at Essen 2013 from CGE.

In this preview, I'm going to give a brief overview of what is in the expansion and then in later previews, I'll go into a bit more detail on each of the new parts. If I could ask people to hold off with questions about parts I haven't talked about until the end of the previews - thanks.

Whats in the box?

The expansion contains a number of extra things, each of which is modular; you can use some or all of them in your games. Though they have been designed to work together.

Employment

The main theme of the new expansion is the fact that you now have a job. Boooooo. And what is worse than having a job is the fact that is pays you money each round. Which of course is a bit of a problem when you are trying to get rid of all your money!

There are 10 employment cards in the game, each double-sided - the same job, but one side has 4 lines of income, the other side 5. Each player gets one at random at the start of the game, and all players use the same side (decided by other means).

The image to the right is just to wet your appetite. More will be explained in the next preview.

New Plans

For additional variety, there is a new planning board, but this one is so super special, all the spaces are blank. That means you get no cards, no errand boys and no actions. No wait a minute, that can't be right... What are these 16 double-sided planning tiles in this ziplock bag? Ahhhh, I see....

So basically, at the start of the game, eight of the 16 tiles are placed on the planning board using specific 'How to setup the new planning board' rules. But it means more variety. Some of the new plan tiles also have 3 hat symbols on them.

New Cards

There is a whole host of new cards in the expansion which have a variety of different abilities. I'll show more of these in a later preview, but some of the cards are all about a wedding theme. Since preparing for a wedding can be very expensive, so thats another way to spend money!

For those who haven't read it, there is an amazing story which I'm pretty sure was the inspiration for one of the parts of this expansion. If you haven't read it, go do so now. Congrats to Merran and Terry.

That's all for now. Tune in next week for another exciting preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maverick Reborn
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds amazing, is there anyway of reserving a copy of this at Essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A man in a hat like that is not afraid of anything.

I'm guessing all the jobs show the same Victorian gentleman in different silly uniform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Having double sided employment card is pretty neat!

A new planning board is also cool!

Few questions:

Q. Is it only me or the artwork looks a little bit different than the base game? (the card preview)

Q. So the Employment card gives you additional money when you use the listed type of card? I always thought that you get a fixed amount of money in every round. So how do we get sacked?

Thanks for the preview!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the wedding story, you guys are the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
hrhtomas wrote:
I'm guessing all the jobs show the same Victorian gentleman in different silly uniform.

Nope. I chose this one as it was by far the funniest.

Damien - Will answer you second Q in the next preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing like a proper English gentleman in a proper baby bonnet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*ahem * Whet not wet.

Nice preview, looking forward to more.

Hadn't seen the proposal, that's awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon S

Victoria
British Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So are we gonna see part 2 of this soon, its been well over a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to 'Pauls master project plan of sneak preview updates', Last Will was only set to get 2 previews. The second one being middle of this week.

There's a lot of last minute things that need doing before Essen, so I wont be able to do it before then, no matter how much gg you tip me

I just need to work out if I can get everything into the second preview. If not, there will be a 3rd one, but I wont leave that much of a gap between previews 2 & 3.

If you're watching my other previews, the next one from Dungeon Petz expansion is overdue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 2 is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.