Henning Nagel
Germany
Potsdam
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started another Venture into the Space Hulk Sin of Damnation with the Blood Angels. The same six Terminators were involved (Purple: Sergeant Lorenzo, Brother Deino; Grey: Lexicanium Calistarius, Brother Scipio; Red: Brother Leon, Brother Valenco).

The Encounter was short and brutal. I reached the third of four Locations were the last Brother died.

I had really bad Luck with the Dice. During the whole Session just two Genestealers were killed by Attacks from the Marines.

Sigh.

++++

Unsatisfied with the last Game I started another Session.

I choosed the same Teams. I like them because all Marines have at least a Range of 2 and interesting Special Abilities (Counter Attack, Power Field and Full Auto).

+Start of Game+

I started with bad Luck again. Brother Deino died still in the Void Lock by the Attack of a Swarm of one Genestealer. Argh.

The ensuing Fight trough Black Holds and Hibernation Clusters cost the Lives of Sergeant Lorenzo and Brother Scipio.

+The last Location: Launch Control Room+

Lexicanium Calistarius lead the Brothers Leon and Valencio into the Launch Control Room. They had used secret Routes and thereby shook off all pursuing Genestealer.

Lexicanium Calistarius and Brother Leon were able to activate the Control Panel before Swarms of Genestealers attacked from all Sides. Surrounded they fell to their Claws. The last remaining Space Marine Brother Valencio found himself suddenly before the Control Panel. Seven Genestealers were ready to rip him into Shreds. They advanced slowly. The Control Panel still blinked with the started Activation Invocation. Brother Valencio did not know if his Brothers had appeased the Machine Spirit and finished the Invocation, but he had nothing to lose and pressed the Activation Rune. The Machine gave a garbled Answer in binaric Chant and Data scrolled across the Terminal. The Genestealers stopped their Advance. As far as that seemed possible this Xenos did they appear to be unsettled. Brother Valencio started to laugh. He could discern from the Data that he had started the Self-Destruction Process. As the Genestealers resumed their Advance did he activate the Teleportation Rune of his ancient Armour. Still laughing did he disappear and rematerialised onto the Teleportation Deck of his Chapters Battle Barge.

+End of Game+

One Survivor. Objective achieved. Mission Success in expected Parameters.

++++

A very tight Game. I thought I had lost, but recognised in the last Moment that I could still win the Game, because I could activate Brother Valencio with a Move + Activate Card. There were two Support Tokens on the Location Card. A Dice Roll of two or less would mean a Space Marines Win. And the Dice showed a 0!!

What a Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Nagel
Germany
Potsdam
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friman wrote:
I love the thematic narrative. One question: if I understood correctly, did you activate the Control Panel 2 times in a row, with Calistarius and Leon, and then you activated it once more with Valencio next round???

Hi Nano,

the Report is shortened. The Marines lasted three Rounds in the Launch Control Room. But I made a Fault in the Report. Brother Leon and Brother Valencio activated the Panel twice in the first Round, while Lexicanium Calistarius supported. The second Round all Marines attacked and tried to kill the spawned Genestealers without much Success. Lexicanium Calistarius and Brother Leon died by Genestealer attacks this Round. That left just Brother Valencio without Possibilities to Attack and engaged with a Swarm of seven Genestealer, which couldn't miss with their Attack in Round three. But he could still activate the Control Panel.

Greetings,
Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Nagel
Germany
Potsdam
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friman wrote:
You've got a talent to depict battle scenes! Keep the reports coming!
Cheers!

Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.