Cree C
United Kingdom
Weymouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted Sentinels as my #1 fun game, the variety out of the base box, artwork and theme just scrap it the victory.

#2 was pathfinder, the progression and rpg styling of the game have got me hooked.

#3 Lord of the Rings, great game but the base box was extremely lacking with a "broken" 3rd scenario and limited deck building.

#4 Death Angel, tough choices and a brutal difficulty gave this the edge over the dungeons and dragons game.

#5 While I enjoy the dungeons and dragons games, unfortunately I find the explore a tile, reveal a monster, it hits you routine gets old fast. Drizzt did fix this, but to the point of making the heroes way too powerful. If this game had the exploring/monster reveal tweaked and better campaign progress (other than a couple of items) then this could have reached #1 in my list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Overgauss .
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your response! I really like how you broke down each game so that we can understand your reasoning. For instance now I'm going to have to check out Sentinels more. I've heard it mentioned enough times that I feel it warrants an investigation.

Why did you pick Pathfinder over Drizzt if you don't mind me asking. Don't the offer similar experiences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Overgauss .
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang, thanks for participating in this poll! I think it was a good idea but the execution was shoddy. This was the second time making a poll for me, so perhaps I can do better in the future.

My methodology needs work so I'll be taking this down shortly. I just wanted to let you know before doing so.

Thanks again all that participated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OverGauss wrote:
Hey gang, thanks for participating in this poll! I think it was a good idea but the execution was shoddy. This was the second time making a poll for me, so perhaps I can do better in the future.

My methodology needs work so I'll be taking this down shortly. I just wanted to let you know before doing so.

Thanks again all that participated!

I think you did a better job than most have said
sometimes i think people should just give their opinions rather than worrying about 100 factors.

what do you mean difficult? You mean with 2,3,4 players? With just the core deck? How much experience we have?

How about you just rate based on your experience and how you felt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Gears of War. If you can get over the theme, it is actually the DnD board games done well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Jones
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:
Check out Gears of War. If you can get over the theme, it is actually the DnD board games done well.

I concur, though, I don't mind the theme either. It's a very solid, and very challenging game. A friend and I are currently playing through it... or trying to, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.