7 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about stasis field rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Hare
msg tools
Card text:

ACTION: If your ship is not cloaked, disable all your remaining Shields and discard this Upgrade to target a ship at Range 1-2. That shield must disable all of its remaining Shields and cannot attack this round. Your ship rolls two less attack dice this round.

How does this apply to use on a ship that is cloaked?

The cloaked ship already has its remaining shields disabled for cloaking. So I can understand the argument that the ship this card is used on still gets the +4 defense dice.

On the other hand, stasis field affects the shields, which are now converted to cloaking, so I can see it disabling the cloak too.

I've not encountered this situation yet, so I haven't argued either side for a ruling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A cloaked ship already has disabled shields, so that part wouldn't change and the cloak should remain active (granting the +4 defence). All that I think would happen is that the cloaked ship couldn't attack that round, as per the card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
True, but my question is: Is cloak a reconfigured shield or is it a separate piece of equipment that requires shield down to use.

If it is a separate piece of equipment then I would say they still get the +4 defense dice.

If cloak is supposed to be a reconfigured set up shields, then stasis field should wipe the cloak too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
True, but my question is: Is cloak a reconfigured shield or is it a separate piece of equipment that requires shield down to use.

If it is a separate piece of equipment then I would say they still get the +4 defense dice.

If cloak is supposed to be a reconfigured set up shields, then stasis field should wipe the cloak too

A cloak is a separate piece of equipment that requires shields be down to use. It still gets it cloak ability (+4 defense dice) if it's been hit by a stasis field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
This card only removes the attack from a Cloaked Ship. It does not cause the ship to de-Cloak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
California
flag msg tools
Stasis could be used from a lower captain skill ship to prevent an uncloaked ship with higher captain skill from being able to cloak during it's action. Stasis disables all active shields. The cloak action requires that you disable all active shields (at least 1). This could setup a pretty fantastic shooting phase against the stasis'd ship (no cloak, no shields).

You have to catch them with their pants down first - after they have come out of cloak to shoot or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Ok. That's what I expected, but I play klingon so I was hoping for more.

Yes, unenlightened self interest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.