Subject: Corruption Card Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kilroy Jenkins
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the Cthulu expansion, I had a card called Corruption that reads "Draw a madness card. Destroy a minion."

Does this mean destroy any of your minions, any minion in play, or a minion in your hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game but I think it's any minion in play since it doesn't say "your" minion. And Destroy doesn't apply to cards in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means destroy ANY minion in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilroy2626 wrote:
Using the Cthulu expansion, I had a card called Corruption that reads "Draw a madness card. Destroy a minion."

Does this mean destroy any of your minions, any minion in play, or a minion in your hand?

The phrase "a minion", without any further description, refers to any minion in play, no matter its power, base, faction, owner, etc. It does not refer to any minion in the deck, hand or discard pile.

Also, you cannot destroy a minion in your hand, because the term "destroy" means to remove a minion from in play and place it in the discard pile. It's like trying to burn a book that hasn't been printed, or eat a sandwich that hasn't been made yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Smash up to Smash Up: The Obligatory Cthulhu Set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.