Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Theurer
United States
Pitman
NJ
flag msg tools
Hey folks,

I've never played the card game yet, but I managed to get an almost complete set of pretty much everything that's been released so far (for a really good price!).

I'm about to put in an order for some card sleeves. Right now, I have a set of sleeves for light side (FFG's lightsaber sleeves) and a set of sleeves for dark side (FFG's force lightning sleeves).

Is there any reason to start picking up other types of sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's only 4 different types of decks. Light Side Command and Objective Decks, and Dark Side Command and Objective Decks. You could use different backs for those 4 different decks if you wanted. I personally use clear sleeves, as I like the current backs.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use A New Hope sleeves for LS command and Empire Strikes back for DS command. I use blue ultra pro for LS objective and red ultra pro for DS objective. the only other stuff you'd even consider sleeving are the force commitment cards and you'd like want clear with that since they are double sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that the Balance of the Force expansion has previewed some objectives that are shuffled into the Dark Side player's deck. If you plan on separately sleeving the objective cards, keep in mind that this may be a mechanism that FFG develops further. You may want to stick with only two types of sleeve (LS & DS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Be aware that the Balance of the Force expansion has previewed some objectives that are shuffled into the Dark Side player's deck. If you plan on separately sleeving the objective cards, keep in mind that this may be a mechanism that FFG develops further. You may want to stick with only two types of sleeve (LS & DS).

So far, this only applies to the DS pre-constructed multi-player deck, and those cards cannot be used with regular decks.

I suppose it's possible that someday they might explore this mechanic for regular objective sets, but for now it isn't worth worrying about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
I use one color for all my LS command decks and another for my DS command decks. For the objective, force, and affiliation cards I use clear sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use Force Lightning for Sith Command Deck, Darth Vader sleeves for Imperial Command Deck, Enslaved Leia for Scum Command Deck, Han solo Sleeves for Smugglers Command Deck, X-wing Battle Sleeves for Rebel Command Deck and Blue Lightsaber for Jedi Command Deck!!!

Than I bought only 1 pack of clear sleeves for all objectives, affiliation and force cards!!! Really thematic and looks GOODDDDD when you play smugglers and put a card in your edge stack with Han Solo on it it is veryyy cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike TheRed

Pennsylvania
msg tools
I have SW:TCG on its way in the mail and I plan on sleeving everything. I purchased the Core set and Edge of Darkness expansion.

From my searches, it seems like most people prefer to sleeve Dark and Light in separate colors and then put Objectives in clear sleeves.

Is that still a practical method? Some of the posts I found are well over 6 months old and I didn't know if cards from expansions would cause sleeving practices to change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use standard clear ultrapro sleeves. The natural card backs are fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTheRed wrote:
I have SW:TCG on its way in the mail and I plan on sleeving everything. I purchased the Core set and Edge of Darkness expansion.

From my searches, it seems like most people prefer to sleeve Dark and Light in separate colors and then put Objectives in clear sleeves.

Is that still a practical method? Some of the posts I found are well over 6 months old and I didn't know if cards from expansions would cause sleeving practices to change.

No changes. No reason for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.