Subject: Rule 3.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Hatcher
msg tools
mb
Page 12 needs to be updated:
11.0 Navy: 1 Yellow + 1 White
Remember: Black steps cost 1, white steps 2, ...

I also think it would be much clearer if you called "tackettes" something more familiar-- "mechanized" or "armored infantry."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hatcher
msg tools
mb
I also found the words on page 14 are cut off at the bottom of the first 2 columns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tankettes was confusing for me as well. I think I mentally shifted to calling them light armor. Mechanized would work for me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I believe mechanized is its own category in Blocks in the West.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
I believe mechanized is its own category in Blocks in the West.

While I also found tankettes confusing, I think it might be a language/translation issue? What I believe the those units represent in BitE are what we more commonly see called light tanks, but at this games scale that doesn't quite fit. I think of them as units composed of the older, lighter tanks, or units dedicated to recon and rear area defense more than assaults. Guys driving around in Panzer IIs or III's if they were lucky. The symbol on the block is, I think, the NATO symbol for mechanized infantry, which leads to the confusion. At this games scale, the Germans and Russians certainly didn't put mechanized infantry into the field, at least not in 1941-42. It makes sense that mech would be a separate category on the Western Front, with all of those US trucks and half tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tankettes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
Tankettes

You know the guy to the far right is sitting there thinking "Man, chicks are gonna so dig me when they see this photo - how dope am I in these goggles, with my big gun all sticking out and sh&^?!?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hatcher
msg tools
mb
I have seen those tankettes in museums--in Italy of all places, but I don't believe there are any in the game. It is good to know that they are not confused with mech infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mountaineer wrote:
I have seen those tankettes in museums--in Italy of all places, but I don't believe there are any in the game. It is good to know that they are not confused with mech infantry.

Yes, we have used many of those during WW2.

Italian soldiers were so happy about their war performance, that started to call them

Scatole di sardine

lol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:

Yes, we have used many of those during WW2.

Italian soldiers were so happy about their war performance, that started to call them

Scatole di sardine

lol...

They may not have been much good in WWII, but what about refitting them with paintball guns? That would be tremendous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.