José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible for defending units to retreat from a battle into an unoccupied enemy base capturing it in the process i.e. Singapore to Siam?

If invading infantry is forced to retreat, they return to their base of origin. If that base is in enemy hands, do they initiate another invasion, or are they eliminated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
jarinu wrote:
Is it possible for defending units to retreat from a battle into an unoccupied enemy base capturing it in the process

No; 4.3 and 4.31 say that a hex with a vacant enemy base is enemy controlled, and 5.51 says you can't retreat to an enemy-controlled hex.

jarinu wrote:
If invading infantry is forced to retreat, they return to their base of origin. If that base is in enemy hands, do they initiate another invasion, or are they eliminated?

(Where do you see the bit about returning to their base of origin? As far as I can tell, they can retreat to any hex allowed by 5.51 EDIT: I see, 4.91.) In the event that their base of origin is now enemy controlled, and they have no other place to retreat, they're eliminated (last bit of 5.5). EDIT: and that agrees with the second paragraph of 4.91.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that means that one has to be careful when attacking, it something goes wrong you must have a B plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.