Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't see anything that explained this, so I apologize if this has been answered somewhere. Is the threat die 2 copies each of arrow, timer, and block? Or is there only one block and another arrow? I couldn't tell from any of the promotional material.

I've been talking to some friends about backing it together to get some copies for play, and its been brought up by some that rolling a block on the threat dice is kind of boring, and some are worried that with the assumed 2-2-2 ratio they will spend too much time blocking and not enough time arrowing.

My guess is that there is only one block and three arrows...is this true?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Rocco the designer here! Thanks for asking.

The Threat dice have three Arrows, two Hourglasses, and one Block. The Player's Skill dice also have one block. So 1/2 the time you shoot an Arrow, 1/3 of the time you lock an Hourglass, and 1/6 of the time you block. Each Block is good against any number of Arrows too.

An interesting strategy I've seen people try is, as the invading Ninja, when you roll a Block, if you think you don't need the die to complete the House (like on the first round with the easiest House) you can hold onto the Block die and not re-roll it. You'll be protected against all Arrows, but rolling one die less. Of course the threatening Ninja don't have that option!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that's what I was hoping to hear. This game sounds like a lot of fun. This will certainly help win my friends over to support it!

Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob atkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
thats probably the right ratio. the block is the most specific of the three symbols. I'd maybe argue for some other special side, like double arrow or wild, but it's fine the way it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.