Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Go» Forums » General

Subject: Taking care of you ceramic Go Stones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen many videos about cleaning your Yunzi Go Stones but never one about ceramic ones. I have 2 questions about that:

1 - Do I clean the ceramic stones the same way as yunzi stones?

2 - How many times or how frequently do I have to do it? I know you have to do it when you get them but is it enough?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some fairly grungy shell/slate stones at the recycle shops, which have obviously never been washed, so I'd say, wash them only if you have a reason, such as, mishaps with soda/ juice.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
I've seen some fairly grungy shell/slate stones at the recycle shops, which have obviously never been washed, so I'd say, wash them only if you have a reason, such as, mishaps with soda/ juice.


Sorry that this sounds a little strange but do you mean something like Fanta?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Enchained wrote:
I have seen many videos about cleaning your Yunzi Go Stones but never one about ceramic ones. I have 2 questions about that:

1 - Do I clean the ceramic stones the same way as yunzi stones?

2 - How many times or how frequently do I have to do it? I know you have to do it when you get them but is it enough?
I think ceramic stones(if I'm thinking of the same that you have), can be washed with water and hand soap. I've done that with mine and club stones several times.

As for how often, I'd say till you and other people feel comfortable playing with them.

I've seen some reports of people rubbing scented oils on them, but if you just care for clean, getting them in a tub full of water and soap and stirring them around should do it. Then do the same without soap for the rinse.

Drying with a towel is harder, but can still be done fast with some practice.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Enchained wrote:
longagoigo wrote:
I've seen some fairly grungy shell/slate stones at the recycle shops, which have obviously never been washed, so I'd say, wash them only if you have a reason, such as, mishaps with soda/ juice.


Sorry that this sounds a little strange but do you mean something like Fanta?
Yep. In english, fanta and other carbonated(gas) drinks are called soda.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unrelatedly, in case you haven't already seen a link to it, there's a Portuguese Go Association: http://www.go-portugal.org

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how visible these are in the picture, but these are what I'm thinking when you say ceramic:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Enchained wrote:
longagoigo wrote:
I've seen some fairly grungy shell/slate stones at the recycle shops, which have obviously never been washed, so I'd say, wash them only if you have a reason, such as, mishaps with soda/ juice.


Sorry that this sounds a little strange but do you mean something like Fanta?
Yep. In english, fanta and other carbonated(gas) drinks are called soda.


First of all thanks for the advice, I know what sodas are I just really thought he was mistaken since I have never read or seen anything about it

Phelanpt wrote:
Unrelatedly, in case you haven't already seen a link to it, there's a Portuguese Go Association: http://www.go-portugal.org



Yes, I already know the site and I have been with some of the players that already took part in some tornaments organized by that associaton in the past since I usually attend the Portuguese Cons specially InvictaCon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah just a little bit more duller.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Enchained wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Unrelatedly, in case you haven't already seen a link to it, there's a Portuguese Go Association: http://www.go-portugal.org



Yes, I already know the site and I have been with some of the players that already took part in some tornaments organized by that associaton in the past since I usually attend the Portuguese Cons specially InvictaCon.
Heh. I've only been to one InvictaCon, and I didn't recognize your name, so thought there was a possibility you weren't aware.

I usually only go to the north for the Porto Open.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
In english, fanta and other carbonated(gas) drinks are called soda.


http://popvssoda.com/
http://www.bunnyanddolly.com/you-say-car-ml-i-say-carra-mel-...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Enchained wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Unrelatedly, in case you haven't already seen a link to it, there's a Portuguese Go Association: http://www.go-portugal.org



Yes, I already know the site and I have been with some of the players that already took part in some tornaments organized by that associaton in the past since I usually attend the Portuguese Cons specially InvictaCon.
Heh. I've only been to one InvictaCon, and I didn't recognize your name, so thought there was a possibility you weren't aware.

I usually only go to the north for the Porto Open.


It´s normal you didn´t see my name I´m like a ninja lol and I didn´t enter the Go tournament only went to the Con.
Then try to go this year it´s next month more specifically next week. If you have been to one you know it´s always going to be a blast
Here you go for more info
http://www.abreojogo.com/node/11874
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.