Subject: My custom Battle Foam in action ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally received my custom Battle Foam for ships through Wave 3. Double-stacked are TIE Advanced, TIE Interceptor, A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing, HWK-290. The A-wing, Y-wing would easily hold two more in each slot, the HWLK-290 would hold one more, and the YT-1300 would hold one more. (But I'd want a foam spacer before double-stacking the YT-1300.)

Anyway, that's 34 ships in a single 2-inch layer of foam.

The cut was perfect.

(I have 34 ships. Jesus.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What container do you put this in?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PACK 216.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Too well organized for my tastes. I prefer chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:
I finally received my custom Battle Foam for ships through Wave 3. Double-stacked are TIE Advanced, TIE Interceptor, A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing, HWK-290. The A-wing, Y-wing would easily hold two more in each slot, the HWLK-290 would hold one more, and the YT-1300 would hold one more. (But I'd want a foam spacer before double-stacking the YT-1300.)

The cut was perfect.

Wow, that looks really good.
It fits EVERYTHING you need to bring?
Are the cards sleeved?

All this actually fits into the 216?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:

The cut was perfect.

For other people ordering. Put in your comments you want the foam cutouts. Then you have them for spacers. I have a hot wire and have sliced a few of mine as thin spacers for doubling ships.

Obviously you didn't know this. I have a few falcon cut outs if you would like some spacers PM me and we can make that happen for you. I can just toss them in an envelope so I am not worried about the few cents shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks super good. But OMG???! no more than 1 Y-Wing? Imperialist player spotted!

Don't feel bad, I have 34 ships as well

And with 5 more coming in next month whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But you only have 2 Y-Wings and 2 HWKs! Imperial spy...

I have at least 3 of each, and I'm this close to buying another Y-Wing (and maybe even another HWK)...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuRRe wrote:

Yes, everything so far.

Quote:
Are the cards sleeved?

Only the damage cards, since they're the only ones that get regularly handled. (I rarely break out the pilot or upgrade cards, because I print out my squadrons with all the information on the page.

Quote:

Yes, so far. With Wave 4 I'll have to get another PACK, but the 216 has an attachment zipper, so it will still only be one thing to carry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:
MuRRe wrote:

Yes, everything so far.

Quote:
Are the cards sleeved?

Only the damage cards, since they're the only ones that get regularly handled. (I rarely break out the pilot or upgrade cards, because I print out my squadrons with all the information on the page.

Quote:

Yes, so far. With Wave 4 I'll have to get another PACK, but the 216 has an attachment zipper, so it will still only be one thing to carry.

Thanks, could you please link to the pictures that you used for ordering these. Don't want to order the wrong ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm those don't actually look like the same outlines as the picture of the actual foam you posted, did you just overlap the two B wing formats? I'm trying to figure out how to fit more B wings at the time and trying to see what you did. Also you said 2 inches thick for the ships? 2 HWK-290s fit fine on top of each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
Hmm those don't actually look like the same outlines as the picture of the actual foam you posted

Good catch. Sorry about that.

Quote:
did you just overlap the two B wing formats?

Yes.

Quote:
Also you said 2 inches thick for the ships? 2 HWK-290s fit fine on top of each other?

Definitely two inches. The Lambda requires it. (And it allows more stacking of others, including two YT-1300s.) You could fit three HWK-290s into that slot, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.