Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Thoughts on a list? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Ashram
msg tools
Okay... I normally don't do this, but what do people think of this as a purely fun list (ie not competitive...)

Jendon with ST-321 and fire control
4 x Academy pilots
1x Alpha squadron with stealth device

So was going to start very slow and basically just stay back, handing out target locks for the TIEs. Then, when everyone is all locked up, sweep in close and max fire dice.

Dumb?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cletus Van Damme

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
Its gonna take 5 turns to target lock all those ties. Do you really expect to delay combat for 5 rounds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howlrunner is cheaper and takes fewer turns to set up, and doesn't take 6 more turns for the second pass, and you can freely choose your targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
plus, academy TIEs do not really benefit much from target locks, due to the low attack value that they have. Chances are you would toss out natural 2 hits, or their own focus would be enough to bring it up to 2 hits without the need of a targetlock.

your alpha TIE will go down very very quickly, as it is the most dangerous ship that you have. Afterwards, you will be watching your TIEs go down one by one, leaving the shuttle behind as the last and easiest piece to be taken out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually tried this with 4 Obsidian Pilots and stacked Jendon with that engineer that gave 2 target locks. While I was able to give out some target locks, they weren't that great since TIEs don't have missiles and only uses them to reroll. It just wasn't anywhere near as effective as I was hoping it would be (i.e. made little outcome on the match).

I ended up swapping Jendon out for Kagi with a Sensor Jammer, Rebel Captive and Anti-Pursuit Lasers, the idea being Kagi be a damage sponge freeing the TIEs up to fight (I really like Sensor Jammer and Rebel Captive paid off multiple times). It worked a lot better, my opponent had 4 ships with missiles but didn't use any on the TIEs due to Kagi, and so neutered his Alpha Strike.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.