Subject: Multiplayer / expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been eyeing this game, and if I jump in would like to do so with 3-4 players (not just 1-2). I've read that although you're supposed to pick up 2 core sets for this, you can get by with just one.

My question is: can you run a multiplayer game with the expansions as well? Would you need 2 of each expansion, or could you get by with just 1 expansion? Or what about using 2 different expansions?

My apologies in advance if these questions are answered already on one of these forums.

- a cheap and lazy hobbit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need 1 copy of each expansion to play multiplayer. Everyone uses the same copy of the encounter deck, which is the deck that the AI uses to play cards against you.

The problem you will have using only one core set for 4 players is that your card pool will be very small and you will have a hard time doing well against most adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Thank you. So is it the case that the expansion decks add only (or primarily) to the encounter deck, and not to your card pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both. You get about 10 new player cards (3 copies of each type of card for a total of 30ish cards) + 1 new hero; and about 30 encounter cards for the adventure deck.

You can play multiplayer with only 1 core if you also have a lot of expansions, I played my first 3 player game with only 1 core set after I had already bought a full cycle of adventure packs. With those extra cards it was OK using only one core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Core set has 30 total cards of each sphere. Three of many cards but many two and even a few singles. For deck building, you would ideally want to have three of each card available. As long as you aren't trying to optimize your sphere decks, it's inconsequential if you have a few adventure packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.