Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: whats written all over the gameboard? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does anyone know what all the scribbling says all over the board? i was trying to make out the text written where the item cards are placed but kt doesnt seem legible. maybe its an ancient spell that lets u control the weather???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Detailed instructions on how to beat each scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
it say "buy more Zman games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere that it's just gibberish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:

I don't get it. Why would Portal write that all over my board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anker The m80 Hobbit
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just full of theme meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It honestly looks like scribbling but I was wondering if it was writing of excerpts from a fictional diary. That would have been pretty sick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
RiderPestilence wrote:

I don't get it. Why would Portal write that all over my board?

Obviously it's different depending on the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
It honestly looks like scribbling but I was wondering if it was writing of excerpts from a fictional diary. That would have been pretty sick!

I do believe it's supposed to represent writings from the castaway's diary. Obviously, it's just an artistic embellishment, and has no functional impact on game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true, these are only 'nice looking' fragments... but in our new release Legacy we moved one step forward and put actual txt handwritten on boards and game insert We love thematic details at Portal Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the future I think it would be a great idea to do exactly what you plan on doing for Legacy.... have text written on the board and box insert. However, it would be awesome if the text could actually serve a purpose. For example, in Robinson Crusoe expansions you could have fictional exceprts from a diary which maybe explain a strategy to use for a scenario in a subtle way. Or provide some hints...stuff like that. I'm reminded of the time when Metal Gear Solid came out on the playstation console. There was a point in which one character told you to contact another character on your codec. Snake asked what the frequency was, and the frequency was actually written on the game's box. This is the kind of thing I am thinking of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cohen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
In the future I think it would be a great idea to do exactly what you plan on doing for Legacy.... have text written on the board and box insert. However, it would be awesome if the text could actually serve a purpose. For example, in Robinson Crusoe expansions you could have fictional exceprts from a diary which maybe explain a strategy to use for a scenario in a subtle way. Or provide some hints...stuff like that. I'm reminded of the time when Metal Gear Solid came out on the playstation console. There was a point in which one character told you to contact another character on your codec. Snake asked what the frequency was, and the frequency was actually written on the game's box. This is the kind of thing I am thinking of.

Ugh, I'm having flashbacks to the X-Men game for the original NES, in which to access the final level, you had to enter a code that was only printed on the CARTRIDGE. But nothing ever told you where the code was, so not only did I never know what to do, but when I finally thought that maybe the code was on the cartridge, I was already at the point where I had to enter the code, and had to eject it, shutting down the game, just to see if the code was there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zrobin
Italy
rome
flag msg tools
mb
it has something written depending for the game?
language dependancy is only for cards, or also for board?

(i would like to buy Deutch version)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.