Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: One semi-rhetorical question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
If I buy Healing Points at a Village or a Monastery, must I use them immediately (unlike healing cards I hold in my hand)? I gather the answer is yes because there's no such thing as a healing token. But I couldn't find an answer to this question in the rules or the walkthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Healing points get used right away. Think of it this way: The cards you hold in your hand are not healing points. They are converted to healing points (which must be used right away) when you play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Legion Rules, page 9 wrote:
Healing points provided by effects stack and you can use them to heal your Units or Hero anytime during your turn. Unused healing points are lost once you start a combat, or at the end of your turn.

So you may save healing points for some short durations. This is important because otherwise it would be very hard to heal high level units easily, and sometimes the timing flexibility is useful for other reasons.

Whether you play a deed card for healing or buy healing at a village/ monastery they function the same - each gets you healing points that follow the same rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
For instance, according to the text Tom quoted, you could use refreshing walk, then spend influence at a village after moving to get the 3 heal needed to heal a level 3 unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Terah wrote:
Lost Legion Rules, page 9 wrote:
Healing points provided by effects stack and you can use them to heal your Units or Hero anytime during your turn. Unused healing points are lost once you start a combat, or at the end of your turn.

So you may save healing points for some short durations. This is important because otherwise it would be very hard to heal high level units easily, and sometimes the timing flexibility is useful for other reasons.

Whether you play a deed card for healing or buy healing at a village/ monastery they function the same - each gets you healing points that follow the same rules.

Thanks. Does this mean I have to download the Lost Legion Rulebook to make sure I'm getting the complete rule set? ;)

Honestly, I just started playing Mage Knight itself. I can't imagine if or when I'd contemplate the expansion. I still have a lot to learn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I quoted the LL rules because you asked in the LL forum. LL doesn't change the healing points rule, but it's rulebook does succeed in explaining the rule more clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Terah wrote:
I quoted the LL rules because you asked in the LL forum. LL doesn't change the healing points rule, but it's rulebook does succeed in explaining the rule more clearly.

My apologies. I didn't realize I posted in the Legion forum. I'm certainly not a Legionnaire, far from it! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.