Cutthroat Caverns: Fresh Meat» Forums » General

Subject: Great Customer Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Taylor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased Fresh Meat from a Canadian retailer over 100 miles from where I live. I had problems with card sizes and the insert that have been previously mentioned here earlier this year. I had some difficulty contacting Smirk & Dagger through regular email. Someone on BGG kindly suggested contacting Curt through BGG mail. I did so and received a response almost instantly. In just over a week, Curt was kind enough to replace both my cards and insert - and even sent a promo card along as well. The cost of the materials and the shipping charge to Canada was fairly hefty. For him to do that at no charge to me was superb customer service.

I have been gaming for four decades with close to 1800 products in my collection. Would I buy more items from Curt and Smirk & Dagger? You bet!!!

(P.S. I guess I could have posted this in my earlier Dalmari entry as a follow-up, but I wanted it to stand out by itself as a customer service tribute.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Josefsson
Sweden
Lund
Skane
flag msg tools
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!
badge
I must chime in and say that it is my experience too that Curt is amazingly friendly and service minded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the shout out, guys. I appreciate it and am glad people both recognize the effort and take the time to share their experience with others. But, truly, it is the least I can do. I take quality control very seriously and when the printer delivered product they assured me had been corrected, I was outraged. I couldn't prevent the first 2000 copies from being delivered with the issues, but am certainly doing all I can to correct it. Yes, it has been more costly correcting the issues than I would have liked. But far more costly would be a ding to my reputation. And I have to say, you and a number of others have made my extra efforts worth it. What could have been a savage hit to my company's reputation has ended up becoming a tribute to how the company responds to adversity. And I thank the fans for sticking by us and supporting us.

More great games to come!
Best
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm Curt, what means "artifacts" on one of the eventcards in fresh meat? Relics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald (Joe) Rupert
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game + expansions are great, great prices on the product (what you get) and awesome customer support.

Makes me enjoy the game even more for some reason.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.