Popular Tags: [View All]
Misha Nosiara
Australia
Como
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first blush this seems to fit into Summoner Wars space, ie. card based tactical fantasy 2 player game. Any reason to get it if you are already invested in Summoner Wars?

Regards

Misha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's simpler and quicker. With less to learn, opponents will be able to beat you sooner. However, I think SW is the better game, though I haven't spent time getting properly into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misha Nosiara
Australia
Como
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that - I think I'll wait and play someone else's copy first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Vaux
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Misha,

Although initially LoW might appear to be like Summoner Wars, it is quite different. There is no additional text on the cards, no dice rolling and no movement of cards (unless they're taken back into your hand and then replayed). There is also no spell casting at this stage (there may be some in later expansions, we'll see how things pan out). LoW has simple rules, but requires significant tactical thought. . The battle mat is only a training tool, you can play LoW without it. So yes, really different.

Some anecdotal evidence:
Recently, at Spiele, I was demoing LoW with a lovely Slovenian guy. Someone else came over to the booth and looked at it. He said "it looks a lot like Summoner Wars", the guy I was demoing with then said "it's so much better than Summoner Wars", without me saying anything. I wish I'd recorded it

Definitely give LoW a go when you can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misha Nosiara
Australia
Como
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your comeents, definitely want to try it now.

Regards

Misha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.