J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've searched around but can't find much info on this beyond what is here. Does anyone know if these come with the standard generic pilot cards in addition to the new stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
By standard generics I assume you mean Saber, Avenger, and Alpha? It looks like we will not get new copies of them.

So far we have seen two new unique pilots and a new generic pilot for the Royal Guard. It looks like we will get the same for the 181st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
By standard generics I assume you mean Saber, Avenger, and Alpha? It looks like we will not get new copies of them.

Not entirely true, if you look at the picture of the pilot cards all fanned out you can see 2 Saber Squadron pilots towards the back. No Alpha or Avenger though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:
Mundane wrote:

Not entirely true, if you look at the picture of the pilot cards all fanned out you can see 2 Saber Squadron pilots towards the back. No Alpha or Avenger though.

Hmmm...that's cool, and leads me to wonder if Alpha/Avenger just aren't being shown.

I think it will be sort of lame and awkward if they don't include enough generics to go around. It would make it hard to build generic fleets using all your interceptors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
Hmmm...that's cool, and leads me to wonder if Alpha/Avenger just aren't being shown.

I think it will be sort of lame and awkward if they don't include enough generics to go around. It would make it hard to build generic fleets using all your interceptors.

Has there been a case (with X-Wing) where the Component shot didn't include all of the components?

But from the preview
-----------------
For example, players are certain to appreciate the eight ship cards in Imperial Aces, which introduce the unique talents of some of the Empire’s greatest warriors. You’ll find four unique pilots, like Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax, whose special abilities open a wide variety of new strategies and greatly expand your squad-building options. You’ll also benefit from the efficient lethality of the Royal Guard Pilot, the highest skilled of all non-unique X-Wing pilots to this point.
------------------

...this is what we're getting;

2 - Sabers
2 - Royal Guards
1 - Kir Kanos
1 - Carnor Jax
1 - Unnamed unique 181st Pilot #1
1 - Unnamed unique 181st Pilot #2

The Aces pack doesn't come with the low end genarics............if you want those you need the TIE Interceptor expansion (which is good for them to sell both products).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Cocquyt
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmb
Like said, the only things we don't know are the Pilot Skill 7 and 8 181st pilots. The 12 upgrade cards are all spoiled.

http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/573-full-card-list-by-exp...

Also, because of the nature of ship tokens, the pilots need to come in pairs. Chances are they'll be

Saber Squadron Pilot/PS 7 181st Pilot
Saber Squadron Pilot/PS 8 181st Pilot
Royal Guard Pilot/Kir Kanos
Royal Guard Pilot/Carnor Jax

That keeps the generic and unique pilots matching their ships (stripes/stripes, red/red)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Broady
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
One of the 181st pilots has been spoiled. Lt Lorrir, PS 5
http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/929...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.