Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/104995

(I've shamelessly copied most of this from Moon's game. Thanks Moon!)

Nothing special, just your typical game of werewolf. I'm looking for 11 players (newbies have first sign up rights).

Lynch Time: 7pm

RULES

Werewolf is a game of accusation, deduction, lying, reverse psychology and bandwagoning. Moreover, it's a lot of fun.

The rules are pretty simple: The players represent a village and each member of the village has a role which is kept secret. Most players are ordinary villagers but two or more are werewolves and one is a seer, there are some other roles which are explained later. The goal of the villagers is to eliminate all of the werewolves. The goal of the werewolves is to achieve 1:1 parity with the villagers at which time they can openly rise up and overwhelm the villagers thus winning the game.

Gameplay
The game consists of two different phases: Night and Day. The game begins with a Night phase.

Night
In a night phase the moderator will ask the werewolves to choose a villager to eat and also ask the seer to choose one player to view. The werewolves should decide amongst themselves using the board's PM(private message) function who their victim will be and inform the moderator of their choice. The seer should decide who his target will be and inform the moderator of his choice.

The werewolves' victim is dead and is removed from the game, but the rest of the village won't find out until daytime who the victim is and what their secret role was.

The seer's target has his role (villager or werewolf) revealed to the seer only.

Day
During the daytime the villagers all wake up and find that one of their own has been killed by the werewolves. At this point at least one player is a werewolf and so someone is gonna get lynched.

During this phase all players, including werewolves who have assumed villager form, must discuss their suspicions. Eventually it will reach a point where villagers start to cast votes for who they feel is a werewolf and must be lynched. Votes are cast by placing bold text in a post like this VOTE PLAYER A. At the end of the day the player who received the most votes is lynched and is removed from the game. That player�s role will be revealed to the village.

When the lynching is done all the villagers go back to their homes to sleep and the next night begins.

Winning
In case it's not clear: The villagers win if they kill all of the werewolves. The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers so that their numbers are equal. At this point the werewolves can openly rise up and slaughter the rest of the villagers.

Special Roles

Roles will be assigned randomly; the Moderator will inform you of your role via PM on Monday night. The following is a description of the roles in the game.

Seer - There is one Seer in the game and he is on the villagers team. Each night the Seer may choose one other player to view by sending a PM to the moderator with that player�s name. The moderator will tell the Seer whether his chosen target is a werewolf or a human.

Werewolf - There are two werewolves in the game. The werewolves know who each other are and may send PMs between themselves to discuss strategy. At night the wolves PM the moderator the name of the player they'd like to eat. In the morning that player's death will be announced along with his special role.

CC all PMs to me.

Hunter - There is one Hunter in the game and he is on the villagers team. If at the end of the game the Hunter is alone with one wolf then he will kill that wolf and what would normally have been a wolf win will be a village win. The Hunter will be revealed as a villager if lynched/killed.

Sorcerer - There is one sorcerer in the game and he is on the wolves team. The Sorcerer is an evil human and wants the wolves to win. If the wolves do win then the Sorcerer wins also, but if the villagers win then the Sorcerer loses. However, the Sorcerer does not know who the wolves are and the wolves do not know the Sorcerer. Crucially, the Sorcerer will appear as a simple human if viewed by the Seer

Villagers
- The villagers have no special abilities other than their own deductive ability. They will have to vote wisely to win the game.

Miscellaneous
1) Only the wolves may PMs between themselves. All other players may not send PMs (unless to the Moderator as called for by your role or to ask a question)

2) If there is a tie in the lynch vote then the player with the longest held continuous vote against him will be lynched.

3) Wolves. Make sure to CC me on all of your PMs.

Guinea Pigs

1) kilarney (Newbie)
2) Tilde (Newbie)
3) LudesFactor (Newbie)
4) Ineac (Newbie)
5) Genghis (Noob)
6) Rostok (rookie)
7) 7ofAnn (veteran)
8) Belash (veteran)
9) Houndsoftindalos (veteran)
10) Melsana (veteran)
11) Xandryyte (veteran)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Perez
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th
Sign me up, but give my spot to a newbie if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th
I have been passed the names of three newbies who wanted to play by Moon.

I need these three players to confirm that they want to play:

kilarney
TheArchAngel
Tilde

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - Sign-ups OPEN
I'll sign up as the role of a veteran, but please take me off the list if newer players wish to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - Sign-ups OPEN
Good to have you guys in. Should be fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 5/11 spots filled

I gather I'm over the statutory game limit to be officially counted as a newbie, so would I be allowed to join as a rookie???

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 6/11 spots fille

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 7/11 spots filled
I have been passed the names of four newbies who wanted to play by Moon.

I need these four players to confirm that they want to play:

kilarney
TheArchAngel
Tilde
Honeybane

If you do not confirm that you will be in this game, I WILL DROP YOU.

Thanks,
~Royalflush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 8/11 spots filled
If two games puts me in the "noob" class, then sign me up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hutchison
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 9/11 spots filled
I would really appreciate the chance to play in this game, I've Kabitz-ed a few other games and ejoyed them passively from the sidelines, however I now want a piece of the action!

If there is still room please add me to the game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 10/11 spots fill
Count me officially in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchel Stein
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would like to play this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 10/11 spots filled

I think I'm being moved from Moon's game here ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need an additional player... I'm back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - 10/11 spots filled
I am dropping TheArchAngel because he has not confirmed that he will be playing.

I now have 1 remaining open spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - ONE SPOT LEFT
I'm looking for a short game this week so if the spot is still open, I'm willing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Newbie/Short Game - Starts March 27th - ONE SPOT LEFT
And that gives us 11!

I'll be sending out roles ASAP.

First lynch in 7 hours...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Also - since there is another 'same-named' game out there, should we give this game a name?

How about "Bob"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
vote Bobby Let's at least make it fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote Pedro!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
vote Bobby Let's at least make it fun!

Well I was saying 'Bob' in a Rowan Atkinson voice a la Blackadder. But Bobby's fine too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.