Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greece
Patras
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hello,
just received my copy of the Cthulu set.
It may sound like a dumb question but I was kind of thunderstruck when I opened the madness deck and realized that it consisted of the same card times 30. "Draw two cards OR return this card to the madness deck".

I'll go ahead and ask, is this actually the case or is my copy misproduced to contain only one type of madness card?

Thanks for any responses

G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moczarski
msg tools
Your deck wasn't misproduced. All of the Madness cards all the same type, "Draw two cards or return this card to the Madness deck" It is because the madness cards are more like negative points, and since they are in card form, not as tokens, they can be shuffled into the deck, be in your hand, or in the discard pile. It makes it more difficult to get rid of them and avoid the loss of VP at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way it should be. Before I saw the deck I thought that each Madness card would have a different kind of penalty, and perhaps that's what you thought as well. But seeing them in the context of how the factions work, I realized that the point was the quantity of cards received: the more you get, the more victory points you lose at the end. So the cards work all the same way, and we get enough cards to cover the rare games when all the players get a bunch of them.

Edit: Ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Patras
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
appreciate the answers. thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.