Hide
7 Posts

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Variants

Subject: More Gladiator! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Seres
msg tools
Hello everyone! In my oppinion it would be great if the game would include more mid-tier gladiator, so i made a few more from the show, because i didnt really like the idea of making new gladiators outside of the tv show. After all the whole game is based on it, right? So here are my ideas (some of the special ability i find here on the forum)

DONAR. - one of my favorite rebel, so its a shame they left it out from this game!
ATT:4, DEF:3, SPD:3, Cost:3
beefy: unopposed attack dice strikes with 2+.

SANUS. - another charismatic character from the show
ATT:4, DEF:3, SPD:2, Cost:3
critical hit: when inflict a wound with attack roll of 6, he may choose which dice of his opponent is lost.

HARUDES
ATT:3, DEF:3, SPD:3, Cost:3
last standing: when he has only one attack dice left and attacking, add +2 to the result.

HERACLEO - i know he isnt a gladiator, but instead one of my favorite character from the show, ill give him a chance!
ATT:3, DEF:3, SPD:3, Cost:4
mercenary&tracherous: once per match he may change one of his dice with one of his opponents dice. May join opposing team during primus.

CASTUS - hes also a pirate, but the end of the show he proves to be a good warrior when he fight against the Romans.
ATT:3, DEF:3, SPD:3, Cost:3
devoted: in primus, if he fall out from the game, hi gives his remaining dice(s) to his teammate.

HAMILCAR - a gladiator from Batiatus ludus. Never won a fight, but has a good friendship with almost every gladiator. If you need something, he gets it for you.
ATT:2, DEF:3, SPD:3, Cost:3
supplier: once per game, you can exhaust him to choose an equipment from the discard pile.

THE VETERAN - the oldest gladiator, who participate and survive all seasons of the show.
ATT:3, DEF:4, SPD:2, Cost:3
survivor: cannot be decapitated in the arena or discard with any scheme.

HILARUS - the old gladiator of crassus who was once a champion.
ATT:2, DEF:4, SPD:3, Cost:3
teacher - discard him to give one chosen dice for the fighting gladiator.

TOTUS.
ATT:3, DEF:3, SPD:3
sated: do not pay gold to upkeep him

I would also like to change some of the existing gladiator card, because its not reflecting the real power what they had in the show.

AGRON. - i think hes way underpowered, he was one of the leader of the rebels for gods sake! So why hes avarege on stats and have an almost useless ability? I think he either should be 3-5-3 with the current ability, or remain 3-4-3 but his ability would change like: def triples OR doubles with 4+ would deal one auto-wound. I dont have any promo card, so i even think giving Agron Zephyrios ability which is DEF 6s each deal one auto.wound.

AUCTUS. - hes one of the weakest in the game, and one of the star of the ludus in the show, so i would change his stats from 3-3-2 to 4-3-2 and give him the ability: long-ranged: attack range 2, because he always fought with a spear.

SEGOVAX. - way overpowered.instead of 4-3-3 should be 3-3-3

So this is it. Please forget my bad english, and concentrate on my ideas. Any thoughts about them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
They look good - some decent stuff and not over-powered. I think perhaps Donar should be valued at 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbasportfan19 wrote:
HAMILCAR - a gladiator from Batiatus ludus. Never won a fight, but has a good friendship with almost every gladiator. If you need something, he gets it for you.
ATT:2, DEF:3, SPD:3, Cost:3
supplier: once per game, you can exhaust him to choose an equipment from the discard pile.

I like the theme but not the ability.
- He should be discarded instead of exhausted to use this since equipment is valuable and you would have to keep track of whether or not he had already used it in the game.
- Equipment is rarely ever in the discard pile. Off the top of my head the only way I can think it would get there would be if the auction fell through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Seres
msg tools
I dont think that it would be hard to follow whether Hamilcar used his ability or not, but maybe discard him instead of exhaust would be better.
And you are right, equipment cards are in the discard pile only if its a tie during auction and then noone bids another gold, but equipment prices are always lower than gladiator or slave prices, and in our community its very common that an equipment go in the "pit" aka the discard pile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Albo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like your gladiators.

I would give Hamilcar the ability from Duro. IsnĀ“t new but would fit to his Character, in my opion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like your gladiators!

One question though, how do you get them into play? do you have the deck with sleeves and just add something random being a proxy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this idea - but is there anyone who can put them on cards with pictures?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.