Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFG: Out of the Box
#of Players: 2 - 4
Age Range: 8+

Overall Construction: I feel like I am a broken record when it comes to these card games, but in the long and short of it card games are mostly just card games. I will say that I'm not sure if it was just the deck I had or if I just haven't played with them enough. I found that the cards at the bottom of the stack shuffled normally, but as I got to the top of the deck the cards didn't blend as well. Lastly the amazing plastic case and easy to hide rules that I really enjoy. One thing about the case that I have failed to mention is that the case has clips that keep the case locked in place.

Gameplay: The deck is carefully calculated so that regardless if you are playing with 2, 3, or 4 players the cards are evenly distributed out. The dealer shuffles the cards, flips the first one over to the center of the table, and deals the rest out evenly amongst all of the players.
As with many of these games it seems that the object of the game is to empty your “personal” deck of cards. How you do this is by having the person who dealt the cards will say go and you try to match the number needed based on the math equation on the discard pile. Meaning all the cards have 2 numbers on them. A large Yellow number which is it's base value. The second number has a +/- and a number. Example of a play would be if the card in the discard pile has a Yellow 5 and a +/-2 then the cards you would want to use are either a card with a Yellow 3 or Yellow 7. The game is that simple.

Yes/No Recommend: So, unlike most of the Out of the Box games this game should be kept at the age range that the designers set the game at. This can be a complicated game because of how quickly you have to pay attention to the numbers and be able to the math quickly. Not saying that it isn't a great game for hand eye coordination and to build your math skills.

Where To Get It: Well you can go to your local game/hobby shop or you can go to their website @
http://www.otb-games.com/games/quick-games/7-ate-9/ . I currently have not seen this game at any Big Box Retailer.

Thanks for reading and happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.