Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In know, that you are not allowed to activate a unit more than once in the same battle.

But if you are able to ready a unit in your turn, is it allowed to activate this unit more than once during the same turn for a NON-combat ability?

Examples:

- Using a unit, which gives "Move n" twice during your movement phase to get 2 x n Movement points.

- There is a unit, which has the ability, to provide a mana crystal: get the crystal, ready the unit, get another crystal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Frank, I think you are reading too much into things, or thinking that there are rules that aren't there

Yes, you can. If you activate a Unit to get an ability, and then ready it, you can activate it again. Otherwise, there would be no point in readying it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But note: effects like "Ready a Unit" are Healing effects, that cannot be used in Combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Hi Frank, I think you are reading too much into things, or thinking that there are rules that aren't there :)

Yes, you can. If you activate a Unit to get an ability, and then ready it, you can activate it again. Otherwise, there would be no point in readying it :)

Well, the point in readying it, would be, to use it again in the same round but in another turn.

Please note, that I speak about using a unit in the same turn, not only in the same round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Frank,

a very basic example:
The forester unit:
Quote:
Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0.

The Herbalists:
Quote:
Ready a level I or II Unit

Combine with Rejuvenate, (yes i know it's lost legion).
Quote:
Heal 1, draw a card, gain a green mana token, or ready a level I or II Unit.

Let's say it's the day.

- You active the forester for the Move 2 ability.
- The you use the herbalist to ready the forester.
- You active the forester again for the Move 2 ability.
- You use Rejuvenate to ready the forester again.
- You active the forester again for the Move 2 ability.

Now you have 6 movement, Forest and Hills cost 0 to move on them. Swamps cost 2.

You can do the same with Illusionist to gain 3 white crystal or get 12 influence point... lots of options
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
Hi Frank, I think you are reading too much into things, or thinking that there are rules that aren't there

Yes, you can. If you activate a Unit to get an ability, and then ready it, you can activate it again. Otherwise, there would be no point in readying it

Well, the point in readying it, would be, to use it again in the same round but in another turn.

Please note, that I speak about using a unit in the same turn, not only in the same round.

The only limitation is during combat because of the "heal" icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.