Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Pathfinders,

lets assume a situation:

I gather my 3 friends to go adventuring.
I take Lini,
the other takes Sheelah
and the third one the Sorceress girl.

We play normally the first scenario of Perils of the Lost Coast.
We win, we loot and then...
both 3 of us we play the second scenario of perils, and we also we win and we loot, we write them all down ,and then we go home.

A couple of days later we wanted to continue this campaign, and delve into the Blackfang's Dungeon, to end the first adventure.
The Sheelah player, decides not to play at that moment.
So we play Lini, and the Sorceress, 2 players.

Unfortunatelly, the Sorceress dies trying, but Lini survives, and defeats Blackfang, ending the Perils of the Lost Coast adventure.
Lini loots, and gains the skill feat normally and she is ready.

Now:

1) I understand that the sorceress is dead and cannot continue anymore, but only if she starts a new character.
2) What happens with Sheelah? is she still with us, in that campaign, with her loot gained, but without the skill feat gained?
3) What happens with the new character in the place of the sorceress, that will join in the first scenario of Burnt offerings? Is she/he, going to be basic build, without the skill feat gained?
4) So we will have Lini normally progressing, Sheelah with one less scenario played and without her skill feat, and a new fellow, with Basic equipment, and no skill feat of course?

Is this normal???

thank you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
1) I understand that the sorceress is dead and cannot continue anymore, but only if she starts a new character.

True. She could start again as the sorceress, or try a different character. Either way, it's a "basic items only, nothing on the character card ticked" situation.
Quote:

2) What happens with Sheelah? is she still with us, in that campaign, with her loot gained, but without the skill feat gained?

Seelah can carry on in that campaign, with the same deck. If Seelah wants to get the reward for the adventure, she has to complete all the scenarios. So either she does the one she missed on her own, with the new sorceress, or with the whole part - but note that any characters who have completed a scenario and/or adventure cannot get the printed reward a second time.

Quote:

3) What happens with the new character in the place of the sorceress, that will join in the first scenario of Burnt offerings? Is she/he, going to be basic build, without the skill feat gained?

Yup. She could do Perils from the start (again solo or with others) or jump right in with Burnt Offerings. Me, I'd start from scratch as there's a better chance of picking up some useful cards.
Quote:

4) So we will have Lini normally progressing, Sheelah with one less scenario played and without her skill feat, and a new fellow, with Basic equipment, and no skill feat.

You certainly could do it that way. Nobody will be at a huge disadvantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing to stop you going back and replaying previous missions, but characters who have completed it already get no reward.
So you can
a) Replay the first/second (either or both) scenerio(s), only Seoni's replacement gets the reward
b) Replay Blackfangs dungeon (Lini gets no reward)
c) Carry on Seelah won't get her skill feat and Seoni's replacement won't get anything beyond basic equipment.

To be honest, apart from the skill feat you don't tend to get much in the way of advancement for the 3 Perils scenarios. Sometimes you're lucky and find some awesome gear, most often you don't seem to get much out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You got that right.
2. That's also right, she can continue, but she will not get loot from Blackfang's Dungeon, or the adventure skill feat. But she can still solo the Blackfang-scenario to get up to speed, or Lini can join her, but Lini can't gain any of the rewards.
3. Basic build. Can do do all the other adventures solo, or with the other characters. But the other characters will not gain rewards they allready have recieved.
4. Yes.

It's normal, but you can as I said do scenarios over without getting the rewards. Or let new people catch up with solo-scenarios. Or just go on adventuring but with the characters at different "levels".

Hope this was understandable, and people please correct me if I'm completely wrong. This is how I've understood the rules and read from other posts here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok , understood!

thanks!

Just a little bit more bookkeeping, for which character has completed which scenario.

If we want to skip that, then we continue playing the campaign linear, until we all die at the same scenario(so no one lives to gather new fresh characters, thematically)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the player mats in the files section...they have a place where you can check box which adventure each character has completed so that you can easily keep track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodi de Boer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
Just a little bit more bookkeeping, for which character has completed which scenario.

You can get special character sheets at Paizo's website. You will need to register there and then "buy" them for free. Then you get a download link in your profile. They are great to keep track of everything without writing on any of the cards. And you can print them over and over again when needed.

There are checkboxes for which scenarios, adventures and adventure paths you have completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To the OP, I'd recommend checking out the thread over at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1042805/1-character-dies...

I go into a little bit of detail on how the adventure reward system works by the rules, and a little back and forth with the OP there concerning some house rules if you want to keep a theme going on or a regular adventure flow instead of the 'bounce around' flow that the game has by default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ries
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And take it from the OP on that linked thread, he does a good job in his break down of the experience system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.