8 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Executor deck ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arkard
msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone built a deck around this? Or is it just and addition to a capital ship deck. Would be interested to hear what you've seen work with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect it works best in an Imperial Navy Star Destroyer deck, though, honestly, just Heart of the Empire, The Executor Arrives and the Sith Holocron can get it onto the table.

That said, I just got the force pack today, so I haven't had time to actually play with it yet.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, I'd start with:

Sith

The Executor Arrives x2
Deploy the Fleet x2
Death and Despayre x2
Imperial Command x2
Imperial Blockade
Endless Reserves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I just played a heavy Star Destroyer/Fighter deck last night, and as luck would have it, I was able to play the Executor for free. I had two Sith Holocrons on the table that I discarded (I think I played that right, that their abilities could stack like that), and also had Captain Needa (first Capital Ship costs 2 less). That was 8 pts for free and so I dropped The Executor. He's a beast with that 10 health!

My deck makeup was:
- 2x #21: {Sith} Black Squadron Assault (for Vader's TIE)
- 2x #27: {Navy} Kuat Reinforcements (more fighters)
- 2x #29: {Navy} Death and Despayre (Devestator, of course)
- 2x #30: {Navy} Defense Protocol (more fighters and cool objective)
- 2x #46: {Navy} Deploy The Fleet (star destroyers)
- 2x #66: {Sith} Executor (of course)
- 1x #88: {Navy} Imperial Blockade (Captain Needa and more star destroyers)

It's a little heavy on the Objective Count (13) so I was thinking I would ditch #27, which would bring it down to 11, and maybe add in #36 for a few more Fate Cards (there were only 4 Fate Cards in the entire deck).

But overall, it played very well. I played against an all Hoth deck (Neutral and Alliance, with the new Luke pod thrown in) twice and obliterated my opponent twice. I didn't get the Executor out in the first game, but the second he came out pretty early and every 'sacrifice' event just kept wracking up hits on my opponent. For the most part, I kept him back to keep control of the Force and as a deterrent on defense, but still worked out quite well.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Luke Speeder deck got destroyed the other night by a Sith Control deck with Executor. He splashed in the Bib Fortuna pod, dropped Bib turn 1, Holocron and Fortuna pay for Executor turn 2, and then an endless barrage of sacrifice effects to ruin my day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkard
msg tools
mbmb
Have you guys noticed any sets with sacrificing effects and maybe some synergy there? Then again the Executor objective set has plenty. I'd check the db, but I'm lazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Killing Cold is your go to buddy for sacrifice effects. The objective itself has a sacrifice action to remove damage from friendly Hoth objectives, plus Icetrompers with useful sacrifice effects.

Other pods with sacrifice effects:
-Serve the Emperor has Anger, which requires the opponent to sacrifice the enhanced unit after a lost force struggle.
-The General's Imperative has Turbolaser Battery, which can be sacrificed after an enemy objective is destroyed to nuke all enhancements
-Feeding the Pit has Bib Fortuna, who is sacrificed if he has four focus tokens on him
-Imperial Blockade has Apology Accepted, which allows sacrificing an Imperial Navy Officer to remove all focus tokens from a Imperial Navy Vehicle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started to become a bit too dependent on The Killing Cold. Using an Ice Tromper to attack and then immediately sacrifice to kick out the opposing enemy has been so effective in my games...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkard
msg tools
mbmb
Good point on the Killing Cold and an excellent list too, thanks! I kind of skipped past Killing Cold in this deck, because it has some very Hoth specific stuff going on it and the deck doesn't really play other stuff from Hoth..

I made my first version of the deck and noticed it has almost no fate cards, then again, it might be not _that_ important to win edge battles with the star destroyers.. it'll be interesting to see how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.