Ardennes '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement examples in Extended Example of Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions regarding movement in first Allied Turn in Extended Example of Play:

1. 9Arm/CCA in Waldbillig creates a Task Force. That TF moves 7 hexes along the road and ends in an EZOC. How is that possible? It only has 6MP. If it used Strategic Movement it would not be allowed to end movement in an EZOC.

2. 14Cav/32 squadron moving from Vielsalm to Schonberg receives no Strategic Movement marker. Why? During next German turn this unit is attacked - SM marker would have influence on Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killy9999 wrote:
I have two questions regarding movement in first Allied Turn in Extended Example of Play:

1. 9Arm/CCA in Waldbillig creates a Task Force. That TF moves 7 hexes along the road and ends in an EZOC. How is that possible? It only has 6MP. If it used Strategic Movement it would not be allowed to end movement in an EZOC.

The last four hexes are along a primary road, so they each count 0.5 MP each. The total MP expended are therefore 5, not 7.

killy9999 wrote:

2. 14Cav/32 squadron moving from Vielsalm to Schonberg receives no Strategic Movement marker. Why? During next German turn this unit is attacked - SM marker would have influence on Combat.

Although the movement path is not shown, the 14Cav/32 could have taken primary roads for the entire path, and the MP expended for fourteen hexes is 7 MP, which does not require Strategic Movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again! I completely missed the fact that roads cost 1/2MP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.