Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MM has the game on clearance already. That seems like really a bad sign; it's barely been available a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes sales are primarily to help spark interest. Its hard to pay full price for something this expensive if you can't get a chance to play first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearance is a label that means "buy me!" It doesn't mean "get rid of it, this game sucks". Its on the same page a new releases. Clearance, in this case, likely means "we need to order more but we want to get this moved now" and its a great time to do so when people are stopping by to get new releases. "Yeah, new releases, ordered! What's this? Expansions on sale? Sweet! Impulse buy!"

X-Wing was marked clearance at most Targets around the country just a month or two ago and its still going very strong. Don't be misled by the label.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Alta Loma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just judging by the amount of forum traffic here at BGG, I'd say this game is quite popular and still going strong. So I agree that they just want to move some stock out, and have a nice lead in item to their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Quit touching me! Shoo.... go away. I mean it, arrgghhh, just leave me alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also couldn't help but notice they had like 160+ in stock. I think they just had a huge bulk amount and are able to sell them at a good price. It was only a few weeks ago a lot of these were sold out and we were waiting on restocks.

There are a lot of expansions still around the corner. I think this game will be around for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
gloomhaunt wrote:
I also couldn't help but notice they had like 160+ in stock. I think they just had a huge bulk amount and are able to sell them at a good price. It was only a few weeks ago a lot of these were sold out and we were waiting on restocks.

There are a lot of expansions still around the corner. I think this game will be around for a bit.

Well said and I fully agree.

Also, for what it's worth a clearance in this context is similar to a "Special" at a restaurant. Quite often specials are designed simply to move one food item they need to move for whatever reason. It doesn't mean that they are bad or undesired. In fact, they are quite often the best thing on the menu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
It doesn't mean "get rid of it, this game sucks".

No, sorry, that's exactly what it means. Target put that game on clearance to get rid of stuff that isn't selling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Lewis
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's $45 on Miniature Market. They also 129 of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
No, sorry, that's exactly what it means. Target put that game on clearance to get rid of stuff that isn't selling.

Cool. Target is selling Krosmaster and has it on clearance. Right on! I'm heading there now...

Drat. Looks like they never carried it at any of the Targets where I live.

Too bad as I could have re-sold the base game on eBay with a buy it now for $50+ and base game plus the first 3 expansions for $100+. It would have been nice as I could have earned me some money to spend on the upcoming second Krosmaster Kickstarter which will likely generate over a million dollars from the few of us that appear to like the game.

Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market has also had Super Dungeon Explore on clearance at least twice and got it back in at regular price later.

The clearance price for the base game is $5.00 less than their regular price and the expansions are $3-$4 less than regular price. Not really a blow out. I wouldn't worry just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
It doesn't mean "get rid of it, this game sucks".

No. It isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
selling a few base sets and first extension cheap is also a good way to sell full price extensions later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.