Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Decker
United States
Kingsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is probably here somewhere. I can't believe I'm the first to ask this, but I couldn't find a thread on it. (if it's here and someone can point me to it, great)

1.What are some great two player games? (to play at home)

2.What are some great one or more player games where you're not doing strange things (dummy hands, etc) that play great with two player?

3.What meets conditions 1 or 2 and don't take up a lot of room if you are packing for a trip.

4.Second player has a religious bent against witches, spells, etc. (but for some reason Zombies are ok)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otherworldly Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle Line

Babel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If want to go off the beaten path, Shadows of the Empire might worth checking out. Rahdo just did a two-player walkthrough, so you can see if it indeed suits you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1043380/games-to-play-with-m...
Similar deal=)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillotine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Salisbury
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Nothing beats Twilight Struggle.
3. I love a two player game of Citadels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Woods
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summoner Wars is the best game ever. If your friend can't get over her hangup, just don't get the Fallen Kingdom and then you're safe from witches or spells...that is assuming Goblins and Orcs are ok.

I also second Twilight Struggle or any similar games (such as 1989)

Or go with a classic like Memoir '44.

Mr. Jack or it's pocket version also work, especially if space is tight.

Targi is also a great travel 2-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cocconutbloodclot wrote:
3. I love a two player game of Citadels.

That might not go too well with the "religious bent against witches, spells, etc" - the expansion cards have a witch. Get them to have a look at the artwork online before you buy if you're worried. It is good fun with 2 and plays up to 8. I think it's best with 2, 4 or 5 players (3 is slightly weird, I suspect many more than 5 would take too long).

Race for the Galaxy (2-4 players 1-6 with expansions) - great with 2 players, good with more, the box is much bigger than it needs to be, the cards don't take up much space when packing for a trip.

Carcassonne (2-5 players, 6 with expansions) - good with 2 (many people think best with 2), but perfectly good with more (I personally feel you want to add an expansion with the higher player counts. Don't take the scoreboard if you want to save space when packing for a trip and keep a tally on paper.

Indian Chief - 2-8 players. Requires 1 or 2 standard playing card decks + pencil + paper to keep score.

Haggis - 2 or 3 players. 2 players can play with a standard deck of cards with some cards removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Decker
United States
Kingsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

I knew something like this had to exist... Just couldn't find it.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Decker
United States
Kingsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Babel looks perfect.
I have Carcassonne. Do you think I should get the two player only version. (Carcassonne Castle I think it's called)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:

Race for the Galaxy (2-4 players 1-6 with expansions) - great with 2 players, good with more, the box is much bigger than it needs to be, the cards don't take up much space when packing for a trip.

Arena: Roma II

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Greene
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll through the Ages has a good solo game and is great 2 player.

Peloponnes also has a nice solo variant without fiddliness that I like and also plays well with 2.

Forbidden Island also fits your criteria.

There are lots of good/great 2 player games... but also being playable as a solo game limits your options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
If you don't mind co-operative games, Pandemic works with one or two and isn't a particularly huge box. Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert are similar mechanics in smaller boxes if you want maximum portability (in fact, since these two don't have boards you could probably put the components in a small travel bag and save even more space), but personally I prefer Pandemic (and the expansions should give more options).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Recommendations.

You should get a better response here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Hive yet. Great 2 player adversarial game and if you get the pocket version it takes up less space than a pop can....even the regular version isn't that large, if you prefer the bigger pieces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.