Serenissima (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Will it go well for 2 players only? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gem Boj
Saint Lucia
flag msg tools
mb
For some time already I'm thinking about buying this game. But have reduced players resources for 2.
So, will it go well for 2 players only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played this 2 player, and we like it. The rules for 2 player has you to block off some of the ports. I am sure it is probably more fun with more than two, but we like it with two. Nothing seems broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gem Boj
Saint Lucia
flag msg tools
mb
What about interaction in 2 players mode? Have read, it pushes players to fight for resource more often than in >2 player mode.
I personally prefer some conflict on the board while doing other actions. For example, Antike Duellum we play often has great balance between economy and fighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our 2 player games we certainly have conflict, maybe not so much the first half of the game but generally as the game enters the second half the player who is falling behind will start getting a little aggressive. And sometimes the last few rounds all war is breaking out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fernandes
Canada
flag msg tools
gemboj wrote:
What about interaction in 2 players mode? Have read, it pushes players to fight for resource more often than in >2 player mode.
I personally prefer some conflict on the board while doing other actions. For example, Antike Duellum we play often has great balance between economy and fighting.

3 players has a tad bit more conflict as the same amount of ports are closed in the variant but the remaining resources must be dispersed amongst 3 players. 2 player games run well, though conflict is less likely as there are enough resources to go around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerkaiya wrote:
2 player games run well, though conflict is less likely as there are enough resources to go around.

On the contrary. If one player decides to go to war, the other player must follow suit or be wiped out. It would probably be foolish NOT to go to war if you have the initiative.

In a 3- or 4-player game, you cannot risk this, as the non-fighting player(s) will gain from others fighting among themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.