Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Strawser
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe at GenCon they limited play to 90 minutes. Since games of Mage Wars can exceed this limit they added an additional counter to keep track of damage done (this was a separate cube on the player's health track.) Players could still increase life and heal but the amount of damage done was always tracked. When a game reached its time limit with no victor the winner was the player who had done the most damage to the opposing player.

I didn't play in the tournament (too many other things at GenCon!) but this was the format they used.

I'm a big fan of this game and hope to get some more plays in soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you aware that Arcane Wonders is very active running Mage Wars tournaments? Check their site for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many games that I have to check, that I was hoping somebody here could just give me the scoop. Are these just tournaments that they run? What is available at the local level?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.