Popular Tags: [View All]
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am probably going to sell all of my Memoir'44 collection soon, how much should I put a price tag on a complete set of M'44 collection, yes, I mean M'44 base game and all of them ekspansion, campaign books, and campaign bag altogether.

Thanks a lot, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to just put the whole thing on eBay and let the market decide. You can always have a reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
You might want to just put the whole thing on eBay and let the market decide. You can always have a reserve.

noted, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that most people are not going to want to drop many hundreds of dollars for the whole thing, they will want bits and pieces. If they are new to the system they won't want to spend that much, and if they are committed to the system they will already have a lot of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sell the first Campaign book and the 'Air Pack' separately. They are oop and hard to come by so fetch good prices.

Anybody wishing to buy a set wouldn't want the cost bump that including these in the package would bring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Based on the experience of others, your best ROI is to probably sell it off in separate auctions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
The problem is that most people are not going to want to drop many hundreds of dollars for the whole thing, they will want bits and pieces. If they are new to the system they won't want to spend that much, and if they are committed to the system they will already have a lot of it.

now that you've mentioned it, I think this is going to be difficult to sell as a full-set, hmm..

domus_ludorum wrote:
Sell the first Campaign book and the 'Air Pack' separately. They are oop and hard to come by so fetch good prices.

Anybody wishing to buy a set wouldn't want the cost bump that including these in the package would bring.

noted, I see those 2 items are rare now..

BradyLS wrote:
I agree. Based on the experience of others, your best ROI is to probably sell it off in separate auctions.

so it's going to be sold separately, I will probably going to regret this, oh my..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My other "problems" is that I live in Jakarta, thus the shipping will cost significantly to the price..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...so it's going to be sold separately, I will probably going to regret this, oh my...

It's really up to you! You might see if some items can be bundled together, like the campaign maps.

...Jakarta! Well, that complicates things. Maybe selling it in one big package will be for the best, all things considered. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you aren't in a hurry, list the items seperately here on BBG. That way you can wait until you find a local buyer who's willing to meet your price and shipping won't be so expensive for them.

To get approximate prices I use spielboy.com as a tool for reference pricing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/678792/sold-looking-to-sell-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sell Campaign Book 1 & Air Pack separately. Air Pack goes for $100+ and Campaign Book 1 goes for a fair amount too.

The rest, bundle up together and be done with it!

I'd put a price tag on a complete set at around $250 - $300.

This game is readily available new. I bought my complete set back in 2011 for around $100 and it had the core + all boxed expansions. The game just doesn't appreciate that well and typically to get it to move you're going to take a little hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
This

mcszarka wrote:

and this

domus_ludorum wrote:

Seriously dude, break off the pieces and sell them separately. Somebody who never played it doesn't want to shell out the hundreds it will take for the system without playing it. Those who have a lot of it probably want the 2 pieces listed above. The others are kind of in the system and would like to add a piece or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Quote:
...so it's going to be sold separately, I will probably going to regret this, oh my...

It's really up to you! You might see if some items can be bundled together, like the campaign maps.

...Jakarta! Well, that complicates things. Maybe selling it in one big package will be for the best, all things considered. Good luck!

After a lengthy discussion with my wargaming-active children, I will probably keep this for another year and see if we'll sell it then.

autumnweave wrote:
If you aren't in a hurry, list the items seperately here on BBG. That way you can wait until you find a local buyer who's willing to meet your price and shipping won't be so expensive for them.

To get approximate prices I use spielboy.com as a tool for reference pricing.

I already had 2 inquiries from my local wargaming friends, I was about to let it go until my children said let's play it again and see then.. But I appreciate your spielboy reference, at least now I know that our M'44 collection is worth a few hundred bucks.

Kluvon wrote:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/678792/sold-looking-to-sell-...://boardgamegeek.com/article/quote/13516796on

It was sold after only 1 day, perfect!

medlinke wrote:
Sell Campaign Book 1 & Air Pack separately. Air Pack goes for $100+ and Campaign Book 1 goes for a fair amount too.

The rest, bundle up together and be done with it!

I'd put a price tag on a complete set at around $250 - $300.

This game is readily available new. I bought my complete set back in 2011 for around $100 and it had the core + all boxed expansions. The game just doesn't appreciate that well and typically to get it to move you're going to take a little hit.

I understand that it's going to get hit on the price tag, thanks for that warning.

@all of you guys: I appreciate your help and views, it's great to be part of BGG community, especially with you wargaming folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
This

mcszarka wrote:

and this

domus_ludorum wrote:

Seriously dude, break off the pieces and sell them separately. Somebody who never played it doesn't want to shell out the hundreds it will take for the system without playing it. Those who have a lot of it probably want the 2 pieces listed above. The others are kind of in the system and would like to add a piece or two.

yes, I take these into consideration, thank you..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.