Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maverick Reborn
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

Anyone happen to know of any good storage solutions for the armies?
Ideally I want something like a plano box that would be good for all the expansions (I can dream of owning the air pack one day?).

Regards,

Mav.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're bound to receive tons of opinions and recommendations on this. I don't know what's readily available in the UK, but a nice option is a Plano box/bag combination, consisting of a few boxes that fit into a bag. Exactly which model to use just depends on how many expansions you have and what is available in your market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maverick Reborn
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm putting together my own box so ideally it needs to cover everything thats been made so I can dream of being completionist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano 1374 Tackle Box. Not my idea, but I do use this solution. I have all the figures, tiles and cards from all the expansions in this box, with the exception of Operation Overlord (which I don't own).

Mine holds the figures, tiles and cards from: Base, Eastern Front, Terrain Pack, Pacific Theater, Mediterranean Theater, Winter Wars, Winter/Desert Board, Equipment Pack, Air Pack, Hedgerow Hell, Tigers in the Snow, Sword of Stalingrad, and Disaster at Dieppe.

The things that don't fit are: Campaign Book I, Campaign Book II, Breakthrough Boards and the maps from Hedgerow Hell, Tigers in the Snow, Sword of Stalingrad, and Disaster at Dieppe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one of these bad boys from Clas Ohlson, everyone's second favourite scandinavian shop.

(dunno why the photo has gone sideways)

Each of the four drawers is big enough to store an army in, and the compartment on top is large enough to fit tons of tiles, and all the decks of cards in. I've recently outgrown it (note planes from Air Pack in picture cool), but I was able to fit all the base game stuff (except the boards obv) and at least three expansions worth in here no trouble.

AND it's only £8.99. An absolute bargain that is. Here's a link:

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Organiser-Box/40-6997

(Also has the advantage of being available in the UK, unlike all that fancy Plano business)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my storage: My Memoir'44 storage solution - EVERYTHING in the Campaign Bag? Read on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I went the plano way first, then decided to store everything in the original boxes, by using zip locks and getting rid of the plastic trays.

It saves alot of space, the components are kept in a "Memoir 44" colorful box, and it is really easy to wrap things up after a game.

(same with the other CC games, all plano then reverted to zip lock bags)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this...

Husky tool boxes from Home Depot. I got away with one until the Equipment Pack came out. This had everything in it minus the boards and rules/scenarios. My boards are in the original Memoir '44 box and the rules/scenarios are in a binder. I've got all the expansions in there except for the Air Pack (but I have a home-brewed version of the models in there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my solution. I own everything to include 2 base sets, but not the Air Pack or the field bag.

Here is what it looks like buttoned up:

I found these containers at thrift stores.

Here is what the duffel bag looks like inside:

Here is a look at the inside of the binder. It also contains a printout of the FAQ and the rules summary cards that came with the game and expansions.

Here is what is in the Plano box on the top:

Here is a look at the larger boxes which are all Akro-Mils 5905. I also store my other Commands and Colors games in these cases.

I use a Magic the Gathering Fat Pack box to store all of the command cards and the rules summary cards I printed out.

Here is the rolling computer case. It has all of the instruction books and maps.

The front pocket has books from the expansions.

The next pocket has the 8.5 by 11 books, campaign books, and folders with scenarios that I have printed out.

The next pocket has 2 copies each of the base game-sized boards including winter/desert mapboards.

The last pocket contains all of my Battle Maps and the Breakthrough boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get your hands on a Campaign Bag... and I have added the Equipment Pack since these photos were taken.

In total what I have here is the base game, Eastern Front, Air Pack, Pacific Theater, Terrain Pack, Mediterranean Theater, Winter/Desert Board Map, Operation Overlord, Tigers in the Snow, Breakthrough, Overlord, Winter Wars, Hedgerow Hell, Sword of Stalingrad, Disaster at Dieppe, the Vercors, and Campaign Books Vol 1 and 2 (everything but the brand new equipment pack which I haven't bought yet).

The first picture shows everything contained in the Campaign Bag.

The next picture shows you where I store everything. In the back pocket are the large overlord maps and one campaign book. In the main pocket are the two large storage containers, the original base game box, one campaign book, and three small Plano containers. One front pocket has two more small Plano cases, and the other has a cheap deck box with all of the cards.

The last picture shows all of the containers. There are five Plano 3500 containers, one for each nationality's units. There is a big Akro-Mils 05-905 where I have stored every hex (organized in a way I can find them). Finally, there is a big but thin Plano 3701 that contains the dice and all of the common elements.

I didn't get a picture inside the box, but it has the card holders, soft maps, manuals, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my storage solution

Been using that for about a year and a half now, still works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Martville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what are the pages in the binder that hold all the tokens? Looks perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phacops wrote:
@
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

They are coin pages that I have only been able to find outside the US. I traded a "Pokémon Master Trainer 3" for 2 sets of pages, 6 total pages. The total cost with shipping was about $20 from Canada. They make it so easy to find tokens. If you don't see what you need on the front, just turn the page. Each page holds 63 tokens when full.

The Pokémon only cost me $3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Martville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hpgeek wrote:
phacops wrote:
@
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

They are coin pages that I have only been able to find outside the US. I traded a "Pokémon Master Trainer 3" for 2 sets of pages, 6 total pages. The total cost with shipping was about $20 from Canada. They make it so easy to find tokens. If you don't see what you need on the front, just turn the page. Each page holds 63 tokens when full.

The Pokémon only cost me $3.

Good call, I'll keep an eye out. I had a flashback to pogs at first, but the slots looked a bit smaller than that.

Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use the coin pages (same seller is selling the same items right now: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...) for the badges and round tokens (not in my picture though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.