Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Castro
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any fellow residents of Ottawa/Gatineau interested in making a group purchase of Golem Arcana (on Kickstarter now)? I'm currently in for the "Early Warrior" package, but am willing to change packages to whatever saves us all more money.

For those who haven't heard of it, Golem Arcana is a digitally-enhanced board/war game that makes it quicker to get into, and play, the game. Plus you have the ability to save games, and possible features like remote play, AI, living world fiction (campaigns that change the fiction), augmented reality, etc. It all looks pretty slick, especially for those of us who love the gaming aspect of wargames more than the hobby aspect (miniatures come painted and assembled).

So if anyone is interested in ordering together to save on shipping, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
wow... concept looks great...

Must be pricey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Castro
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not cheap, by any means. But compared to most miniature games, it's quite reasonable. If you look at Games Workshop prices, in particular, building an army can cost you a TON of money (and time to assemble and paint).

To me, I'm not much of a hobbyist, more of a gamer. And I don't find I play some of my old games enough (I'm selling all my Warhammer 40K stuff to justify this purchase with my wife).

Golem Arcana looks like it's quicker to get into and play, and accessible enough that some of my board gaming friends might like it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aestolia Silverfalls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
during the kickstart campaign the price point is comprable to FFG's X-wing
(11-15 for most models, 44 for the big ones) and like X-Wing you will likely only be fielding 3-4 models at a time. So you don't actually need all of them (you just want them all... for variety's sake... yeah... variety).

I'm in at lancer myslef, but if we can find a number of people who want stuff we may be able to find a good package that gets everyone what they want for a bit less.

But it's also an opportunity to find local people interested off the get go, maybe get something bigger going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Castro
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note: I was told by HBS that if we ship to the same address, and they save money in the process, they will give us a credit.

I think we might as well do that, and split any credit we get. Worst case scenario we get to meet some other fans, as Aestolia said.

So who's in?

The KS campaign ends on Tuesday at 8am:
http://kck.st/1d2cHzR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.