Subject: WINTER IS COMMING rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still doing my practise solo game and enjoying it.

I like this much better than I did Richard III where the nobles simply went home in winter and than appeared back at full strenght next campaing season. Gave me the feeling that all this fighting was pointless as the enemy simply returned unharmed.

Okay, they also return in this game but at least not at full strength, which at time makes me wish I could use movement points for re-enforcing.

I wonder what happens to Wallace in winter.
He is not a noble so .. where does he return to.
Does he have any powers like the English leader, who apparently can winter anywhere in Scotland with his army.

So what happens if Wallace and Bruce are in Carrick when the snow falls.
does it mean that Wallace has to return to the drawpool, or does he have a special ability allowing him to stay anywhere in Scotland.

Than the English: as I understand it the English place half of their drawpool in England at the beginning of the new year, or did I missunderstand.

OH almost forgot.
During battle the presence of the Welsh and Irish is doubtfull and a wrong role of dice can make them wander off fro tea and cake.
But does this also include the Welsh archer unit in the English army?
I have a feeling it does not, their sticker seems to indicate they are seen as regular English infantry, but I figured I'd better ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
I wonder what happens to Wallace in winter.
He is not a noble so .. where does he return to.
Does he have any powers like the English leader, who apparently can winter anywhere in Scotland with his army.

Since Wallace is not a noble, he simply follows rule 7.5 like every other Scottish block. He and any blocks with him can stay put as long as the area's castle limit is not exceeded.

Wallace does have a special ability, which is noted as the exception in 7.5--he can "teleport" to Selkirk Forest and winter there alone, healing two steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also concerning nobles wintering:
Bruce & Comyn can choose to Winter in either of their 2 home area; If already at home in one area, they can switch to the other.

Wallace's Winter choices:
Stay put (within Wintering limits - he can't stay in Atholl)
Move to Selkirk forest (unless Edward I is Wintering there).
Voluntarily disband and move to the Draw Pool.

Note that noble Moray has similar 3 choices; He doesn't have to return home, and is the only noble that can be placed in the Draw Pool.

Celtic Unity:
All Irish & Welsh units (including archers) must roll for 'loyalty' when entering a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.