Aaron Wagner
msg tools
So the way I read it the campaign is as follows:

Intro
3 act 1 quests
interlude
3 act 2 quests
finale

I was told depending on who wins (player/OL) depends on which quests you do but I don't see that anywhere in the book unless I am just blind which is definitely a possibility. I assumed you could just pick any quest you wanted for act 1. I guess I am just confused as to how the whole campaign event is played out. I am planning a 4 man game this weekend so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
The following is referring to the base game's campaign.

The side which won the previous quest chooses which quest to play next.

For the interlude, if the heroes won most of the act 1 quests, play "The Shadow Vault". If not, play "The Overlord Revealed".

Then, play 3 act 2 quests. If the quest to which the chosen quest is linked was won by the heroes, one specific quest is available (the one at the left side of the campaign sheet). If it was won by the OL, is the other one, on the right side of the campaign sheet.

Unplayed act 1 quests are considered won by the OL for the purposes of choosing act 2 quests.

Then, for the Finale, follow the same rules followed to choose which interlude to play, but consider only act 2 quests.

These rules are written in the Quest Guide. The rules vary depending on which campaign is being played (The Labyrinth of Ruin Campaign follows different rules).

(Edited to correct typos)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This is for the Shadow Rune campaign (the one included in the base game). The Labyrinth of Ruin campaign, Lair of the Wyrm and Trollfens mini-campaigns, and any future campaigns will not necessarily follow this outline.

Quest 1, Introduction: First Blood
Quest 2: Any Act I Quest, chosen by the team that won First Blood
Quest 3: Any remaining Act I Quest, chosen by the team that won the previous Quest
Quest 4: Any remaining Act I Quest
Quest 5, Interlude: The Shadow Vault if Heroes won at least two of the Act I Quests (Quests 2, 3, and 4). The Overlord Revealed if the Overlord won at least two of the Act I Quests (Quests 2, 3, and 4).
Quest 6: Any available Act II Quest, chosen by the team that won the Interlude. Available Quests are determined by the results of Act I Quests in the following manner: If Heroes won an Act I Quest, the left hand option on the Quest Pad of the corresponding Act II Quests is available and the right hand option is unavailable. If the Overlord won an Act I Quest or the Act I Quest was not played, the right hand option of the corresponding Act II Quests is available and the left hand option is unavailable.*
Quest 7: Any remaining available Act II Quest, chosen by the team that won the previous Quest
Quest 8: Any remaining available Act II Quest, chosen by the team that won the previous Quest
Quest 9, Finale: Gryvorn Unleashed if Heroes won at least two of the Act II Quests (Quests 6, 7, and 8). The Man Who Would be King if the Overlord won at least two of the Act II Quests (Quests 6, 7, and 8).

*For example, if the group plays A Fat Goblin during Act I and the heroes win, The Monster's Hoard would be an available Act II Quest and The Frozen Spire would be unavailable. If the Overlord wins A Fat Goblin during Act I, or if the group does not play A Fat Goblin at all, then The Frozen Spire would be the corresponding available Act II Quest and The Monster's Hoard would not be available to be chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wagner
msg tools
Thanks to all of you who responded. That cleared everything up that I needed to do this campaign. As a side note, do any of you know of a good miniature painter that wont charge me $100 per figure? I am certainly willing to pay, but just nothing crazy. Thanks again guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Always stomped, never the stomper...
mbmbmbmbmb
Kim bo bim (username), my girlfriend. Go to her page... she painted all my Descent minis. She is amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.