Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently bought both this and the Ninja expansion and I must say the miniatures cry out for a paint job. Consequently I have decided to revive my miniature painting skills, last exercised in the late seventies when it was all Humbrol and Airfix enamel paints, and acrylics, while not unheard of, were quite exotic. Things have changed quite a lot since then and I feel that painting these figures is jumping in at the deep end, still faint heart never won fair lady.

As part of this I have spent some time trawling the internet for information on both painting methods and colour schemes, and have been impressed by peoples postings and pictures here on BGG. However, I have also been looking on YouTube and found this compilation of a number of battle scenes from Japanese samurai films. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMynm3NH30

I'm posting it here in the hope that others enjoy it (if you haven't seen it already), and that it might provide inspiration for both painting and actual play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!
This page (small part of a great Samurai forum) has a focus on banners, and it gives a great overview of the major players of the late Sengoku:
http://forums.samurai-archives.com/viewtopic.php?t=1638

Good luck with the painting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the pointer to the banners site.

I bought a couple of the individual box sets to use as tests for painting methods (e.g. white or black primers, varnishing, etc.) prior to getting stuck into the main box. A bit silly in retrospect, as the individual boxes are about 3x the price figure for figure than those in the game, about the same price as 28mm metals. In fact if you wanted to build a conventional wargames army with these figures you could do worse than buy a couple of the game sets irrespective of whether you are interested in the rest of the components.

Anyway, one advantage of buying individual sets is that you do get the rather nice box art. It strikes me that if you wanted to convert the game to a stickered block format, as some have done, that scans of the box fronts suitably photo shopped for size and to remove some of the text, would work well as stickers. Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.