Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SCENARIO: Negative Zone Prison Breakout is the scheme. As the last action of my turn I fight a hydra villain whose fight effect is to play the top two cards of the villain deck. We do, and one of them is a scheme twist.

QUESTION: Do I discard my hand after resolving the fight effect but before resolving the scheme twist?

ISSUE: The scheme twist requires us to play the top two cards of the villain deck. This causes one of the villains to escape. The escape effect printed on that card is to KO one of your heroes. Do I KO a hero from the hand I played or from the new hand I draw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a villain escapes, you KO a hero from the HQ not from your hand. (Bottom of page 8 in the rule book)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I was referring to the specific escape effect of a particular card, not the generic escape effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sorry. I reread it again. I KO from the current hand of played cards. Since you don't redraw cards til the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan is correct, resetting your hand is the last thing you do in your turn, after all card effects have been resolved (page 7, "On Your Turn", and p. 13, "Step 3) Discard Your Hand and Draw 6 New Cards"). Remember that if the escape effect said "KO one of your Heroes", then it includes the Heroes you played this turn and not only those in your hand (p. 16) - just because it's a rule that is often missed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whitney Barnes

California
msg tools
pinkled5 wrote:
As the last action of my turn I fight a hydra villain whose fight effect is to play the top two cards of the villain deck. We do, and one of them is a scheme twist.

That's not the last action of your turn. At least, you don't know that it is until after all pending effects have been resolved. A million things could happen with the rolling of those two villain cards.

So you would have to discard a Hero from your hand, or in your play area, and you pick which Hero gets KO'ed from HQ, because it's still your turn.

And once everything has been resolved, then you say "Okay, I'm done", you clean up and get a new hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.