VidPower
msg tools
I'm sure this is a quick and easy question, but I just wanted to make sure I got this rule correct. During the night phase, right after the Grand Inquisitor chooses the column of villagers, and he tells everyone to close their eyes, if the Grand Inquisitor is a werewolf, does he himself get to rearrange the cards?

From the manual, this is the verbatim text:

The Grand Inquisitor tells the players to close their eyes, and then passes the cards to his left.

Now, technically the rules doesn't mention anything about the Grand Inquisitor rearranging cards if he is a werewolf, but I would assume that yes, if the Grand Inquisitor is a werewolf, then he does indeed get to rearrange the cards before passing the cards to his left. This makes sense, because in games of 3-4 players, there will be rounds where the one and only werewolf gets to be the Grand Inquisitor and if he can't rearrange the cards during the nighttime, it defeats the theme of "werewolves choosing someone to kill at night".

Can I get some clarification on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grand Inquisitor gets the cards twice: he picks them up and then is the last to receive them at night. If he is a werewolf, he may alter their order during either possession.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VidPower
msg tools
Got it. Thank you for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.