Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Taluva» Forums » General

Subject: New Edition in 2013 ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hy,

will there be a new edition in Essen 2013?

Any1 know the price?

cheers!
bio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Knox
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
God I hope so. I want this game so badly, but there's no way I'm paying $50 for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is this game being reprinted??? Is there any confirmation when? Who is publishing it? Pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bonsaitreehugger wrote:
God I hope so. I want this game so badly, but there's no way I'm paying $50 for it!

This is a huge problem.

In the States, FRED/Eagle/Gryphon controls the rights to the distribution of the Ferti reprint. FRED/Eagle/Gryphon also controls Funagain Games, which has become the sole source for the U.S. version of the game (though Gamesurplus does import the international version). However, Funagain sells Taluva at the full MSRP of $50. In contrast, the original printing from Rio Grande had the game priced at $30.

Ouch.

I was anticipating adding Taluva to my collection and was eager to pick up the Ferti reprint, but the price is not working for me, and no deep discounters have access to the game because of how FRED/Eagle/Gryphon has tied it up the U.S.

Not what I had hoped for Taluva. :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Erwin
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gildedrain
Quote:
This is a huge problem.

Agreed. I would also really like to buy this game, but it feels like one distributor is holding it ransom. I'm crossing my fingers for the 3rd edition to be more widely available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gildedrain wrote:
Agreed. I would also really like to buy this game, but it feels like one distributor is holding it ransom.

Sellers sell at the price they choose. Is every seller who doesn't give their product away holding the product for ransom? If you think it's worth the price, pay it. If you think it's not worth the price, don't buy it. There is no need to tell us everything you don't buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To anyone who owns third edition
(http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/220256/ferti-multi...)

Are any components different, or is it just different box art?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
East Longmeadow
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
gildedrain wrote:
Agreed. I would also really like to buy this game, but it feels like one distributor is holding it ransom.

Sellers sell at the price they choose. Is every seller who doesn't give their product away holding the product for ransom? If you think it's worth the price, pay it. If you think it's not worth the price, don't buy it. There is no need to tell us everything you don't buy.

I have a lot of respect for the corrective powers of market forces (supply and demand), but withholding a product from the market when there is significant demand artificially drives up prices. This has nothing to do with "giving their product away," the product is being sold for twice its value due to scarcity. Nothing wrong with what sellers are doing (it is scarce and valuable), but they are able to do so because the publisher/distributor won't release additional units of the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
gildedrain wrote:

Sellers can sell at the price they wish, and buyers can choose not to buy and complain loudly about it. This is called 'Market pressure' it is just a part of the same free market economy that lets sellers sell at the price they wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on the prospects of a new edition? My wife and I are big Attika fans, and it would be great to get access to Taluva for some variety!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.