Christian Friend
United States
West Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Received an email about this deal at 2:30 this morning, and stopped by a local store to confirm. They've got posters up at the front door. In store only. This will combo well if you find something on clearance, and even better if you have a 30% kid's club coupon. YMMV, though I assume it's the same throughout the US.

Small print from the email:

Quote:
*Applies to Member 10% discount only, which will be doubled to 20% on Barnes & Noble store transactions only occurring September 26-29, 2013. Offer is not valid at BN.com or at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Does not apply to Member 40% discount. The 10% Member Discount is not available on purchases of the following: products or services at BN.com; products or services at any Barnes & Noble College Bookstores or websites; Gift Cards; eGift Cards; digital content (including but not limited to eBooks, digital magazines and periodicals); NOOK or NOOK related accessories; other hardware and electronics; software; downloadable audiobooks in MP3 or any other format; gift-wrapping fees; shipping and handling fees; or Membership fees (new or renewal). The 10% Member Discount will be applied after all eligible discounts and deductions (e.g., non-Member discounts, seasonal sale discounts, etc.) are applied, except for coupons or where otherwise noted. Coupon discounts will be applied after the Member discount. The 10% Member Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any coupons or with any corporate or prearranged group discounts, unless specifically stated. Such exclusion includes the following, without limitation: Educator discounts; employee discounts; corporate or institutional discounts. Memberships are for individual use only and are non-transferable. See a bookseller for details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Saucier
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
http://kastorskorner.com
badge
Pop Culture Renaissance
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've already got Trajan on hold at a local B&N to take advantage of the 30% Kids Club coupon + 20% members promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
My local BN (Sunset Valley, 78749) refused to honor my Kid's Club coupon for Kingdom Builder (despite pointing out that the website lists it as Kid's Club eligible), because the discount only comes off list price. YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Took advantage today, thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
My local BN (Sunset Valley, 78749) refused to honor my Kid's Club coupon for Kingdom Builder (despite pointing out that the website lists it as Kid's Club eligible), because the discount only comes off list price. YMMV.

Yep it's what coupon says ... although most people seem to get it to apply. Not sure if its more do to store rules or individual cashiers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Moisan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone have a link to the 30% Kid's Club coupon? I'm a member of the kid's club but didn't get a coupon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Saucier
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
http://kastorskorner.com
badge
Pop Culture Renaissance
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieAbeVigoda wrote:
Does anyone have a link to the 30% Kid's Club coupon? I'm a member of the kid's club but didn't get a coupon...

You only get it when you first sign up. But you can always sign up again with a different account to get another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
silverbowen wrote:

Yep it's what coupon says ... although most people seem to get it to apply. Not sure if its more do to store rules or individual cashiers

Yep, just depends on who you get. I've had BN people be very cool to me in the past, but the ones I dealt with today were pretty, hmmm, I guess inflexible is the kindest word I can come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Zoglmann
United States
Newnan
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to get a 50% off kingdom builder with the 30% off kids coupon, but they told me I can't use it with clearance items. Still, an extra 20% made it right around $20. I also saw that they had restocked X-wing and got a few expansions for a little over $11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.